Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Munzee

I have deployed 5 of these in Central Little Rock over the last two days. We'll see if anyone comes and gets them

Well, to answer the op's question. I have a smartphone and just saw Savoy's post. Being that I am in Little Rock for a conference I thought I might download the app and try to capture the ones he has placed. Bad news, I have a winmo phone and per the munzee download page they are only supporting ios and android. So, all Blackberry, winmo/wp7, and any other smartphone users are out of luck. Guess this will just make me wish my upgrade time was closer.

I've hidden three in South Arkansas and one in North Louisiana. I've found seven with four FTCs! I've got two friends (one being TinmanJones as G3) hiding munzees down here. Should have some good huntin' down here soon.

Ashallond Guest
    If Apple will hurry up with their new model iphone, I could do this. but the 3G doesn't work with this.

I've been scheming a multi-cache using this technology for months. I've got some ideas and have tested them out successfully, just have to condense them all together into a cohesive plan. Although a smartphone would be most efficient, a digital camera is all that would be needed (and of course, a GPS receiver). I had a feeling that no one would want to do the cache because of the smartphone aspect, but now I think the time is ripe, because "everybody's got one." As geocachers, we are usually the first to latch on to new technological gadgets, and the Munzee idea is just a stimulant, as I see more and more of these QR/2D codes popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot/MamaLlama View Post
    ... I have a smartphone and just saw Savoy's post. Being that I am in Little Rock for a conference I thought I might download the app and try to capture the ones ... Guess this will just make me wish my upgrade time was closer.
    Sorry to hear that about your type of phone and munsee's. I made a few more of these to deploy in little rock - if someone in AR is going to start looking for these, there a good chance they could be from around here. After this next set, I'm going to wait awhile and see if any of them ever get logged. I'll probably to 5 more so I can hit the next level, and then 'wait and see' what happens with these.

Take care out there!!

- S

There has been a munzee explosion over Lower Arkansas in preparation for "Fired Up For Geocaching" next month! Might have to change the title to "Fired up For Geocaching and Munzees!".

Stuck in the same position as others with Blackberry. Bummer..

I tried to download the app on my 3g I phone. No dice.

Yea, Judy it must be at least a 3GS.