Thread: Texarkana area to host Halloween event

Texarkana area to host Halloween event

I've posted a comment on one of these posts, and emailed the board directly trying to get a question answered, but since I haven't received a response yet, we will continue with our plans alone. We have been having a great time in Texarkana, wrapping up our second meet and greet just last night, and come home and just about got our October event planned out. Instead of hosting just a meet and greet, we will turn it into an event. We will have our place secured by this week, but just wanted to throw the idea out in case any one had some suggestions, or might even want to help out, lol. If all goes as planned, we will be doing a hayride to find the caches on a new power trail that will be placed in October, also a haunted hayride, (for those brave enough to take the challenge), games for the kiddos, including mummy wrap, fish pond, bobbling for apples, etc., haven't decided yet between burgers and hot dogs or nacho buffet, of course, we would have the trick or treating hunt for the little ones, among other things. We just got this far last night, so I know there is still lots of planning, but we are even going to ask permission for tents to be set up at the location we will have the event and continue it til the next day. The event will be October 21st, so mark it on your calander and let me know your ideas, sugestions, or if you'd like to help out. We are super excited!!! Now, time to get busy!!

Sounds like a great time and I'll plan on being there. I'll bring this up at the ArkGeo Board meeting the 22nd of July! Anyway, only problem I have is that it's the day before the opening day of Muzzleloader Season. But will drive down from Little Rock to attend and then head over to El Dorado (Deer Camp) later that evening!!

muzzleloading season

Oh goodness!!! You men and your hunting, lol. That's exactly what my husband will be doing, and even heading in that same direction. Our deer camp is in Stevens, AR, just outside of Eldorado. We are getting really excited and hope that it turns out to be a success like the previous little meet and greets have been. I hope to have it posted early next week after we get the logistics secured.

TinmanJones Guest
    I hate that this event is on a Friday night. Juan Pablo is a drummer for his highschool band, therefore we will have to miss the event for him for the ballgame.Had it not been for that, we would have been there.Hate we'll miss it.