Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Lake Maumelle Series anyone? (Geobuddy wanted :-) )

I would LOVE to come, but won't be able to do anything through the month of October due to a new Cackler coming along. Maybe in the future we'll get another group together to do it.

Congrats on the new Cackler! I'm sure Rhone will have more of these in those area by then... I am barely keeping up as it is! (bless him )

I am hoping to be able to join in on this run.

cateyetech Guest
    We will be there on the 8th & 9th (if the weather permits) We are starting around 8:00am at the spillway(219mi) and heading west to Hy 10 picnic/parking area (201mi) with a overnight stop at Penney camp area (208mi) We will be walking at a nice slow pace getting as many caches as we can on this (approximately 22 mile) hike, so if your interested in hiking along let us know. If not, hope to see ya on the trail!
    Last edited by cateyetech; 09-30-2011 at 11:37 AM.

I was thinking of starting off early Saturday (8ish) and starting at OT1 and working our way east (OT1 - OT36). I've done all the ones to the west all the way to the Hyw 113. (though I am missing the last 5 on that run). As long as we have two cars to shuttle, I guess is doesn't matter which way we walk it. East to west or west to east.

Lets see who else is interested in this one and which way to walk it out. Regardless... it looks like we are going to have geocachers all over this trail next weekend!!

How fun is that?!

Looks like its SJClimber and me for this weekend. If anyone else is interested, here is what we're looking at:

"Meet at 8:00 am on 8-OCT (Saturday) at the West Pinnacle Park parking lot (N 34' 50.359 W 092' 29.624). Form groups and park shuttle cars near "Fun n Games" cache, and then car pool to parking for OT1. We will spend the rest of the morning and afternoon working out way back east to finish this series of caches. This is a WONDERFUL area and beautiful lake. Come and enjoy a time of Geocaching as a group!

The final hiking plan for the day will be set by the group in the morning based on the weather (heat, humidity, and precipitation will be taken into consideration). Though the terrain is maintained as part of the Ouachita Trail, this is long hike so please come prepared with water and appropriate hiking attire. In the case of bad (rain) weather, a post to this thread will be made if there is a cancellation by Savoy . If in doubt, please check recent posts (here) the day/morning of the event."

If nothing comes up, I'll be there a bit before 8:00.

I had a GREAT day with SJC, Chino, and Mezzo - awesome team!

Thanks helping me finish out the north shore

- Savoy

Well, I have to agree. The day was pleasant along with the company. Missed one along the route, but it is likely history. Maybe a new addition to a squirrel nest??