Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Lake Maumelle Series anyone? (Geobuddy wanted :-) )

I'm looking forward to this, this weekend!
    Hope to see some of you there.

This is where we left it last:

CANCELLED UNTIL OCT
    Last edited by Savoy; 07-26-2011 at 09:31 PM.

cateyetech Guest
    Unfortunetly it's still to HOT for us (casual cachers) to make it this weekend. We are planning on doing this trail in October (for my birthday) when it's cooler. We are planning on doing the entire PT over two days and camping out on the trail (in a designated camping area) over night. I CAN'T WAIT!!! Ya'll be careful this weekend and stay hydrated! Good Luck !!!

DaTexanBoy Guest
    I know I'm gonna have to pass on this weekend. I'm with cateyetech, I'm going to have to wait for it to cool down a bit before tackling the rest of the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by cateyetech View Post
    Unfortunetly it's still to HOT for us (casual cachers) to make it this weekend. We are planning on doing this trail in October (for my birthday) when it's cooler. We are planning on doing the entire PT over two days and camping out on the trail (in a designated camping area) over night. I CAN'T WAIT!!! Ya'll be careful this weekend and stay hydrated! Good Luck !!!
    This is a great idea. I too am going to have to pass this weekend due to the extreme heat. Working in it everyday it is beginning to takes its toll. I am seeing lots of people with heat exhaustion and being off work. I can't afford to take a chance of that happening to me when the caches will be there later in the fall when this heat wave is gone. Weather said this morning that we could have 8 more weeks of it.

Sounds good... lets hold off. I just checked and it looks like we are in for a storm that day anyway - sandwiched in with hot days!

When it gets closers to time, we can set a day we all can make it - perhaps even with a picnic!?

edieo Guest
    Sounds great to me ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy View Post
    Sounds good... lets hold off. I just checked and it looks like we are in for a storm that day anyway - sandwiched in with hot days!

When it gets closers to time, we can set a day we all can make it - perhaps even with a picnic!?
    This sounds like the best plan. Cooler weather and a better chance of everyone making the hike and enjoying.

I'm going to work the rest of the ones on the west side of the lake (and along the road to the south of the lake) between now and then. If anyone is intersest in short hikes and jeep/car caching during let me know. Could always use another pair of eyes!

Once is start cooling down, we'll get a date for the longer hike (east OT series that we've been talking about) - heck, might as well add a picnic to it as well. I'm sure we'll have some stories to tell when its over!!

I may be interested in teaming with you to do some of the ones I have not yet found, which is all of the caches on the OT west of the Hwy 113 crossing near Hwy 10. I also have to pick up some near the spillway (not part of the OT series) that I did not try to find when I did that section. It is best for me to go in the middle of the week. Are you available anytime then? I'm thinking next week, Tuesday or later.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

That good for me... I'm fine anytime next week until Thursday (then back to work for me!!)
    Tues or Wed seems to be the best days next week between the two of us.