Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Maumelle Series anyone? (Geobuddy wanted :-) )

OK, so far we have...

Meet a 8:30 am at the West Pinnacle Park parking lot (N 34' 50.359 W 092' 29.624). Form groups and park shuttle cars near "Fun n Games" cache, and then car pool to parking for OT1. We will spend the rest of the morning and afternoon working out way back east to finish this series of caches. This is a WONDERFUL area and beautiful lake. Come and enjoy a time of Geocaching as a group!

The final hiking plan for the day will be set by the group in the morning based on the weather (heat, humidity, and precipitation will be taken into consideration). Though the terrain is well maintained as part of the Ouachita Trail, this is long hike so please come prepared with water and appropriate hiking attire. In the case of bad (rain) weather, a post to this will be made if there is a cancellation by the host. If in doubt, please check recent posts (here) the morning of the event.
    Last edited by Savoy; 07-04-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jffok View Post
    If we do it on the 14 the we can't get it posted as an event within the 12 week deadline. But if we do it on the 30th that wouldnt be a problem. I will keep watching this thread to see what developes. I'd sure like to go.
    Its not going to qualify as an 'event' anyway
    But that's OK... if a few of us can make it, it will still be a good time!

DaTexanBoy Guest
    Do you think we should meet earlier than 0830? If we meet earlier, then we can have at least a somewhat cooler beginning.

I'm sure up for earlier... when are you thinking 7:30?
    More than likely its going to be a warm day anyway, but the earlier we can start to less time in higher temps!

DaTexanBoy Guest
    I'm prior military, I was thinking more around 0600 or 0630. I agree with you, the earlier the less time in higher temps.

Also, are we doing this the 16th or the 30th? I havent seen a set date, although I know these two dates have been discussed.

Now that's early!
    Just in case someone else wants to run this with us, lets say a good start 0700 hrs (on 16-JUL)... so arrive a bit before 7 am. That sound OK?

Here is what I have so far...

"Meet at 7:00 am on 16-JUL (Saturday) at the West Pinnacle Park parking lot (N 34' 50.359 W 092' 29.624). Form groups and park shuttle cars near "Fun n Games" cache, and then car pool to parking for OT1. We will spend the rest of the morning and afternoon working out way back east to finish this series of caches. This is a WONDERFUL area and beautiful lake. Come and enjoy a time of Geocaching as a group!

The final hiking plan for the day will be set by the group in the morning based on the weather (heat, humidity, and precipitation will be taken into consideration). Though the terrain is well maintained as part of the Ouachita Trail, this is long hike so please come prepared with water and appropriate hiking attire. In the case of bad (rain) weather, a post to this will be made if there is a cancellation by the host. If in doubt, please check recent posts (here) the morning of the event."

I actually attempted part of the trail last weekend. OT 28-21 (I hit it backwards I think) It is not a straight trail and not man-made rock pebbles and railroad ties trails like you would expect from a state park. It is up, down and all around. Certainly a great challenge and well totally well worth the experience for a hard-core cacher. I can attest that correct parking is extremely essential, so the idea of parking at either end of the trail is a good one. I would be game for another visit for sure. I don't think that the 16th will work for me, but the 30th should be clear.

edieo Guest
    Now I could make the 30th but the 16th is not good for me ..You guys have a blast..

Moving OT (east side) CaCche Haul to 30-JUL-11

It looks like we would have 4-5 on the 30th, and just two of on the 16th... I'm OK with pushing it back to the 30th if its OK with DaTexanBoy. If that is the case, then I'll probably work the 'other end' on the 16th.
    Jffok, Edieo, and Razz007 look like they are good for the 30th
    I and Datexanboy look good for the 16th and 30th....

so lets just push this run back to the 30th!

So this is where we are:

"Meet at 7:00 am on 30-JUL (Saturday) at the West Pinnacle Park parking lot (N 34' 50.359 W 092' 29.624). Form groups and park shuttle cars near "Fun n Games" cache, and then car pool to parking for OT1. We will spend the rest of the morning and afternoon working out way back east to finish this series of caches. This is a WONDERFUL area and beautiful lake. Come and enjoy a time of Geocaching as a group!

The final hiking plan for the day will be set by the group in the morning based on the weather (heat, humidity, and precipitation will be taken into consideration). Though the terrain is well maintained as part of the Ouachita Trail, this is long hike so please come prepared with water and appropriate hiking attire. In the case of bad (rain) weather, a post to this will be made if there is a cancellation by the host. If in doubt, please check recent posts (here) the morning of the event."

DaTexanBoy Guest
    30th is good for me.