Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Maumelle Series anyone? (Geobuddy wanted :-) )

Lake Maumelle Series anyone? (Geobuddy wanted :-) )

I'd like to run the OT Series http://coord.info/GC2Y3CX over the
    4th
    ((EDIT: Looking like the 30th now - see below)) weekend
    . Would anyone else be interested in doing this trail. We'd park one rig at one end, and then drive to the other, trying to get as many of the series as we can. Of course, if there is a 'OT Guide' out there, I wouldn't mind hearing from you either

Min-Background: When I started caching, there were just a handful of caches in Arkansas. I was able to place a few of those oldest ones... my most recent is the Upsized Little Rock Cache. I spend the last 10 years overseas in China and Brazil mostly, where geocaching is very challenging. Don't let me lower cache count fool you - caching outside the US can be very challenging - and rewarding. Some of you might have met me at SWAGVILLE event, and my GeoLab Mezzo.

It a bit said, but all my Geokids are grown up (nearly) so if anyone is on a 'run' and needs a geopal... hit me up.

- Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; 07-08-2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: updating date

Wish I had know sooner and would have tried to plan this. If you don't make it over the weekend let me know and maybe we can plan a different date. I like the ideal of having two vehicles.

Cool... I sure will!
    - Savoy

Quote Originally Posted by cardsfans55 View Post
    I'll definitely go with you, but we're at GWS this weekend... But if you want to shoot for anytime starting July 16th weekend or after, let me know.
    GWS - would have loved to go to one of those sometime! I hope you're having a blast!
    Its looking like thats the case... I'll give another "shout out" if I make a run at it around that time.

Have fun at GWS!!

- Savoy

DaTexanBoy Guest
    Yeah, if I would have known sooner I'd have gone. I would love to go do this as well. Think it would be a lot of fun. The OT series isn't to far from me either since I'm in Conway. Just let me know a date. 16th or the 30th are the two weekends this month I could go.

Well, looks like this isn't going to happen this weekend, so how about the Saturday 16th then?
    If we get a couple of more interest posts, then perhaps we'll call it an 'event'

- Savoy

dexterjg Guest
    Sounds like a fun day in the planning. I can't be in on those dates, maybe next time.

dexterjg
    James
    Last edited by dexterjg; 07-04-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Looking like the 16th then... I'm think about doing the most 'eastern' section, working it from the middle section, and coming out on the Pinnacle Park 'side'.
    I'll work up a 'travel plan of sorts to be sure we're happy with it!

Do you think there would be a few people in ArkGeo that might want to make an small event out of it. If we have a couple of folks, we could work it leap frog style as a team and power-cache it

It going to be a cool walk!

- Sav

If we do it on the 16 th we can't get it posted as an event within the 2 week deadline. But if we do it on the 30th that wouldnt be a problem. I will keep watching this thread to see what developes. I'd sure like to go.
    So for the typo on the date .
    Last edited by Jffok; 07-05-2011 at 09:05 PM.

OT Section 10.jpg
    This is the section I'm thinking about... we'd park a set of cars on the east side (near Fun n Games), and then drive up to near OT1. We'd then work our way back toward Pinnacle Park.

I'll try and set this up on GC.com as an event to 'get it out there'. (Actually, I forgot - we'd need a 'cook out' or something else to go with it before it would be allowed as a 'real' GC>com event) Even if a handful (or even less) show, at least the invite it out there!

If we meet about 8:30 at the Pinnacle park, it should take us the rest of the morning and a bit of the afternoon to walk/work it out!

Sounds like a blast to me.
    Last edited by Savoy; 07-04-2011 at 06:13 PM.