Thread: Snow Report

Snow Report

Boy, the snowfall is a really neat Christmas present for us! A beautiful snowfall on an Arkansas landscape. Hopefully, we can get out tomorrow and get some pictures. Did any of you guys get any pictures that you could share with the group?

Unofficial measurement from Conway: 5 to 6 inches...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

MrsGeoark Guest
    Had to go to Ft. Smith yesterday, decided to stay the night to cache all the way home today. Left F.S. picked up first cache in Van Buren, forecast: windy/gusty, spitting snow. Onward to Alma-bigger flakes sometimes and sometimes not. Approximately 10:45 a.m. Get off at Altus for the first of 3, snowing steady but not sticking to freeway. Picture following is 4 miles later.

Going back to freeway the 4 miles, roadway covered. Slide onto the freeway from the ramp. Very quickly after seeing several west bound jackknifings and various models of vehicles scattered on either side and in the median of freeway that the snow and soon to be icy under it must be getting worse further eastward. Caching trip put on hold. Arrive home at 5:30 p.m. to 4 inches of snow on top of ice.
    Mrs. Geoark1

walkingshadow Guest
    Hi arkansas geocachers. I missed out on the snow. Went to Iowa to visit mom and instead of us getting snowfall it happens in arkansas. I went caching up here with thermals on and many layers of clothing. Found four of four on 12/21/2004 before the big freeze moved in. It was still in the 20's with a windchill around 5. Can't geocache rest of the sites until this weekend when it warms up into the 20-30's again. It is currently 5 degrees with a windchill of -7 brrr. It is a nice day to stay in and have hot chocolate. Merry Christmas.

walkingshadow and red

Here are some pictures I took today in our back yard.

I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

LadyEngineer Guest
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mjeebo...owie/my_photos

Here's a link to our Snow photos. I hope everyone is being safe and staying home.

Strider869 unfortunately had a fender bender coming home yesterday and the 4 runner is in bad shape.

So no caching for us for a little while. That's okay because it's Christmas and we are all together.

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!

You know that really sucked here in the Fort we GOT NOTHING. OK maybe a dust but gone the next day. Now in between here and Little Rock got hammered the Boys were VERY Upset.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!