Thread: Question about GSAK

DaTexanBoy Guest

Question about GSAK

Well, I found out that GSAK makes it super easy to load caches to my new GPSr, but I have questions. How do you update the counties on it and how do you add what Delorme page it is? Also, is there a way to add new columns to it? Still really new to GSAK so I am sure I will have more questions in the future.

The GSAK tutorial is really great and not only will answer your questions but will help you get oriented to using GSAK like YOU want to use it.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    I'll have to look again then. Most of the tutorials that I found were for basic import/export of GPX files and other basic operation.

We have been thinking about an "eductional" event that gives those attending an opportunity to share their knowledge and skills and learn from others. GSAK skills could be one topic as could building routes and pocket queries and website resources. We could promote it for both geocachers and those who want to know about geocaching. Cooler weather would be a better time obviously. Comments?

DaTexanBoy Guest
    I think that is a great idea. I know I would go for sure.

Ashallond Guest
    great idea. I was planning a gsak event in Fort Smith for later on this summer. people ask me a bunch around here.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    Kind of like a GSAK workshop. We do that with bonsai and give workshops. A GSAK workshop I imagine would be fairly popular. I know I'd go in a heartbeat.

GSAK workshop would be a great project. Though I haven't looked at these closely, GSAK has a presentation library, link below:http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showforum=43. At least one of these is a pps format. Others seem to be in pdf.

I would be glad to help with a GSAK workshop. I know quite a bit about the downloading and stuff like that. Still trying to learn on setting of the neat tracking macros though.