Thread: Garmin GPS 76S

DaTexanBoy Guest

Garmin GPS 76S

I found one new in box for $100. Is this a good GPS for geocaching?

If this is a GPSMAP 76s, it will do okay for caching. Doesn't have a lot of built in memory and don't know if you can add that. You can upload Garmin maps (there is a free map resource I'm going to send you for topo maps). I cannot tell how many waypoints you can add, but it looks like 1000. Probably a good buy..

DaTexanBoy Guest
    Thanks for the reply. I think I am gonna spend my money on something a little more up to date like a Garmin 60CSx or Delorme PN-60w.

I'm also holding out for a 60csx, or a 60cx. Just got to wait till i got a little more cash saved up but I will have it. haha
    Im a geo -junkie and i need my fix!

DaTexanBoy Guest
    Well, I got home from my nephews ballgame tonight and my wife surprised me and told me she ordered me the Garmin Oregon 550t. I cant wait to get it and try it out.

Cool! That ought to be a very nice unit.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    I hope so. I cant wait to try it out this weekend, somewhere, anywhere...LOL. She told me it is my early Fathers Day gift.

congrats I'm jealous haha
    Im a geo -junkie and i need my fix!

DaTexanBoy Guest
    I was pretty surprised. I've been fed up with my Lowrance and finally had enough of it when the maps didn't work for a second time. So she got on the Internet and found it. She remembered the one I was talking about a couple months ago when my Lowrance messed up the first time. I will definitely be out caching this weekend. Thinking about making a run to Jonesboro area to find a couple state parks. CF55 had mentioned possibly going to Tulsa though.

drmo913 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DaTexanBoy View Post
    Well, I got home from my nephews ballgame tonight and my wife surprised me and told me she ordered me the Garmin Oregon 550t. I cant wait to get it and try it out.
    Congrats!
    *jealous....*
    Congrats!