Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good times

Good times

Summer bug spray to ward off chiggers/ticks...15 dollars
    Multiple trips to the dr's office for a shot for poison ivy...40 dollars
    Summer filled fun of geocaching and 400 finds with friends...priceless!!

Taking all precautions all summer. Bug spray, avoiding posion plants, poking around with a stick and not your hands.
    Finding a copperhead after making a wrong decision. No stick. Learning experience--priceless. Medical expenses still rising.
    To all geocachers .. don't stick your hand where you can't see.

Jffok, I take it you got bit. How bad is it? Hope you are ok! I always have that fear!!

Ashallond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jffok View Post
    Taking all precautions all summer. Bug spray, avoiding posion plants, poking around with a stick and not your hands.
    Finding a copperhead after making a wrong decision. No stick. Learning experience--priceless. Medical expenses still rising.
    To all geocachers .. don't stick your hand where you can't see.

!!!!!!! oh my. when did this happen?

Yes I got bit by a nasty little Copperhead on Friday evening at Ft. Chaffee. Pretty scary for awhile but on the mend now. The report at the ER was that a lot more people have been bitten this summer than any other summer. Wonder if the hot dry weather has anything to do with that. I will defintely be more careful in the future. It only takes a second.

I lifted one up out in the forest service the other day after looking around and in and when I pulled it out there was a snakeskin under it. I bet the ammo cans hold the cool a bit better than most other things around so they like to lye under them. just a guess though. Hope you make a fast recovery.

Ashallond Guest
    Yes I got bit by a nasty little Copperhead on Friday evening at Ft. Chaffee. Pretty scary for awhile but on the mend now. The report at the ER was that a lot more people have been bitten this summer than any other summer. Wonder if the hot dry weather has anything to do with that. I will defintely be more careful in the future. It only takes a second.
    and Yazzman was wondering why i haven't been going out after the Chaffee ones until it gets cold..... I can add snakes to the horde of ticks out there this summer!

Glad you are okay Judy. Hope to see you back on the trail soon.

Hope to see all you guys at the 5000 Club event in Russellville next month. Thanks for the good wishes. I am pretty much back to normal now.

Judy,

First of all, let me say that I am really sorry that you got bit!

Second, I am really glad that you are much better and on the mend!

But, finally, I just want to know .... DID YOU FIND THE CACHE AND GET THE SMILEY????
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen