Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best "Cacher Work Shop" caches in AR

Best "Cacher Work Shop" caches in AR

I want to start a thread that could be used to highlight the best new caches around the state. Or caches that you think don't nearly get the attention they deserve.

Let's be honest the majority of cache out there are pre-made containers, ammo cans, lock-n-locks, bison tubes, nanos, etc. Sometimes the hides are standard, sometimes extremely creative. But, the caches that are "constructed in the CO's Geo-workshop" are few and far between. Not everyone has the power tools or materials available.

The 2 near Hot Springs that always get mentioned the most in conversation are TinMan by L2C & Drive You to Drink by Z&G. Definitely check those out if you're new to the game, or haven't made it out that way yet. There are also 2 new caches though, I wanted to steer everyone towards.

GC2J976 - Nature's Sequence - Located in Malvern, by davjuljay
    GC2X458 - Monkey See Monkey Deux - Located in Royal, by EJ1231.

Everyone will appreciate the time & effort it took, to put these caches together. I meant to say something at the ArkGeo meeting last weekend & I completely forgot. If anyone else has some new favorites they'd like to highlight... just want to encourage the creativity in the game!
    Last edited by Mickey McGillicutty; 06-09-2011 at 05:17 PM.

drmo913 Guest
    What a great idea! At the meeting, I mentioned how Conway is lacking in these creative caches. Granted, we've had more restrictions placed upon us from the city, but it would be nice to get some original designs in the field.

Thanks for these ideas!

Who else has some great caches out there?

There used to be a series of "Bank" caches in Morrilton that were absolutely awesome. In the first cache, you had to crack a safe to get your bag of safe cracker tools. Then there were 5 or 6 banks that you had to crack into, using various tools in the bag. They were simple caches but a ton of fun. I wish someone would duplicate that here just so I could do them again.

I'm sure we've found others, but that is the only series that I can think of right now that had neat containers throughout.

One cannot begin to talk about "Cacher Work Shops" without including "Cachemates" and his Tool Time Series!

I keep hearing the name of that series and we keep not going to do it. I've made another mental note.

I have to throw in Sewol Twist by Yazzman in Fort Smith. Love that cache...

Quote Originally Posted by perm74 View Post
    I have to throw in Sewol Twist by Yazzman in Fort Smith. Love that cache...
    That is another great one. Definitely not what I was expecting.

I have about 8 creative container caches around the Clinton area. One of which took about 15 man hours. Also have one in the works right now and another that I've yet to hide. I'm in no means bragging I just aim to make the types of caches I'd love to find. The two best are Urban Cammo (GC2KVQY) with 7 favorites out of 23 total smileys and Stinger (GC2D47C) which has 9 favorites out of 11 total smileys. I'd be happy to provide more detail if anyone is interest. Not many people been hunting Clinton lately
    Im a geo -junkie and i need my fix!

We haven't found all of night hiker's caches but we do concur that he is a very creative cache maker and we look forward to cooler weather so we can make the trip back to Clinton to hunt some more of them. Also, anything that has AR-HICK's name as the CO is worth hunting. Illuminating Louis and Home Run in Searcy by Woodwalker9 are well worth the trip. Our favorite caches outside of Arkansas are by drives...they have several hundred famous people caches. We used to think that nonnipoppy and Golfnutz caches in Johnson County set the standard but they don't cache much anymore and we can't remember how many of their caches are still there. Also, anything by CacheMates is well worth the smiley that it brings. We know we are missing someone because we've seen some really great creative caches recently but it's too early in the morning and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Ashallond Guest
    Night Hiker, Urban Cammo was on our list to snag on our escapades this last weekend, but the storms slowed us down and by the time we were passing through Clinton, we were trying to get back to fort Smith before midnight (we failed) I'll note it on the way through when we go back to get Ozark Folk Center Parkcache (which we had to drop off th elist since it was too late.)