Thread: CALLING ALL"Numbers Hounds"

CALLING ALL"Numbers Hounds"

Hey Everyone,

Unfortunately I recently made the GC'ing mistake of clearing out most of the caches within a 5-7 miles radius of Hot Springs. Forcing me to venture farther into the AR landscape. But as many of you know, the further away from home you go, the more you want to make a day of it. The more caches you want to find, to get the most bang for your buck (gas bucks that is). The wife & kids are also somewhat burned out on caching at the moment.

Sooo, is anyone interested in some mini road trips around the state, focusing on heavily cache saturated areas. I've already completed the Hwy 70 series last year. Looking at Camden to Smackover, NLR to Searcy, Lake Greeson, Conway to Russellville, the AR-LA series... Anywhere really, I'm game for anything. Shared gas, shared fun! It may mean getting up early AM & staying up really late on Sat/Sun. Let me know! ~Mike

DaTexanBoy Guest
    I'm always game for something like that. Searcy has a lot I havent found. Me and my buddy Razz007 are hitting up Maumelle Saturday morning then heading to Woodwalkers 10,000 club event in LR at 8am. A lot in Russellville I still havent found. Shoot me a text if you have the phone a friend sheet. My number is on there.

I, too, would be interested, especially in ones focused in this area - Ft Smith, Russellville, Clarksville, Conway - My problem is that I have to schedule these things way in advance, so I doubt we'd ever actually be able to do anything. But for sure, if you're planning on being in the Russellville area, look me up. There are hundreds upon hundreds of caches here that I have yet to get.

Ashallond Guest
    I'll be more than happy to be a tour guide to Fort Smith/Van Buren/Greenwood/Alma if anyone wants.

Lake Greeson area

We have found a lot in the laske greeson area, but my husband just discovered one mega power trail in the smackover area that we'd like to do sometime too.

I believe the folks down in South Arkansas will be having their Smackdown Event on August 27th in the big metropolis of Smackover, Arkansas. It is a well attended event held at the city park and as you said, there are a lot of caches in the area. I've really enjoyed the event!! Anyway, that would be an excellent time to head down and do the Hwy 7 trail!! Hope to see you in Smackover. The notice of the event will be hitting Geocaching.com pretty shortly!!

Quote Originally Posted by hogwildfamilyof6 View Post
    We have found a lot in the laske greeson area, but my husband just discovered one mega power trail in the smackover area that we'd like to do sometime too.
    If you're talking about the Camden to Smackover row of caches, we "almost" hit that up last month. But we couldn't quite squeeze it in. We still need to hit that one up, if I didn't scare off DTB, perm74 & MR97, LOL.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    Nope didnt scare me off. I'm always up for a long run.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    LOL. Well he did triple his number count in the matter of 24 hours.

yes, my family plans on being there and thats when we planned on doing that one. We have started going out on Thursdays with a local group hitting up different areas in our region, so were going to try and drag them along with us. We'll be sure to look yall up and try and meet up and give it a try!!