Thread: How delaying the replacement of our tires led to the best day ever...

How delaying the replacement of our tires led to the best day ever...

For GC1WQQN

Quote Originally Posted by The Cacklers
    This one took us an embarassingly long time to spot. But, since we had nothing better to do, we just kept looking until we found it.

We were headed home from a great day at the Lake Ouachita State Park and the ArkGeo annual meeting when we decided to venture off the main road and explore some back roads in Jessieville. I was determined that we were going to find at least 1 cache on our way home. After getting our fill of holes and ruts and dust and such, we slowly made our way back to the highway, defeated and cache-less. After travelling a couple of miles down Hwy 7, our TPS light went crazy and I knew we were in trouble. Pulled over and sure enough, our front driver side tire was whistling. Luckily we had an able bodied spare tire and we were soon back on the road heading home to Russellville. Sweaty and happy to be back on the road.

After going another 10 miles or so down the road, I noticed a slight hum coming from the rear of the car. Pulled over and wouldn't you believe it, another dang flat. Luckily we had cell phone service and were able to phone a friend to come give us a lift to town.

While waiting for him to show up, we opened up our AWESOME nerf gun that we won at the event and started shooting the car and each other. Great fun was had by both of us. Then we opened up the WHISTLING darts. Those suckers can really fly. I mean, higher than the power lines. It was crazy.

After tiring of that particular pastime, we decided to check to see if any caches were within walking distance. Man, weren't we surprised when there was one just 16 ft away from us!!! Out of all of the pull-offs, this is the one we landed at. How awesome was that?!

At the end of the day, we got home safely and I got my cache.

Thank you SO much for placing this. It made our wait much more enjoyable.

The Cacklers

Ok, first of all, bummer about your tires. Second, that NERF gun was COOL! I thinks after hearing of how much fun you had with it, a trip to Wal-Mart might just be in the cards for us. Glad you got your cache on the way home. See you at the next event.

Chris Denton

DaTexanBoy Guest
    That sucks about the tires, but thats pretty cool how having the second flat tire landed you right by a cache. Glad y'all made it home safe and sound though.

The tires needed replaced anyway. My fault for not getting around to it. Just a funny ending to a hot day.

HAHAHAHAHA I love it! Take that, CONNOR!

drmo913 Guest
    We need to be sure that Connor Stone sees this

What a story and sounds just about like my luck except none of my friends would be home or answer their phone to help and there wouldn't be a cache within 10 cotton pick'n miles!! Ha!