Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geowoodstock

Quote Originally Posted by drmo913 View Post
    Could Arkansas host a Geowoodstock?
    I'm sure we have the support for it.
    Which city would be best? Little Rock? Clarksville? Hot Springs? Conway?

Is there an area large enough? Which area has the best caches?

What critera is considered by Groundspeak?
    I think Arkansas could host GeoWoodstock and would be a great state to host it. In my opinion I think that there is only one thing listed in the criteria that has to be overcome to cause it to happen.

D. Sufficient volunteers to staff event.
    To be honest there would be plenty of enthusiasm for GeoWoodstock to be in Arkansas, but there would have to be volunteers to work. My experience in the past in every organization I have been involved in there is a group of people who are always willing to help and get things done while there are others who are always saying the way things need to be done. ArkGeo is no different. People would have to not just talk about hosting it and saying how they think it should be done they would have to volunteer to work.

How can ArkGeo began to really work toward hosting GeoWoodstock? I think that all of the members need to start by volunteering for a committee and then not only be on the committee, but be active. I have to confess as a member of ArkGeo and as past president I have been guilty of not stepping up and doing all the things I should have done, but remember this is for FUN. Life and family comes first, so there are times that some could not help. That's why we need to grow our membership to have a larger group to work on committees and then when someone can't help maybe someone else can.

How do we grow our membership? This has been the timeless question for the board in the past. Each and everyone of us can still geocache without being a member of ArkGeo. ArkGeo in the past has worked to promote geocaching in Arkansas and worked with various agencies (Arkansas State Parks, Arkansas Game and Fish, etc.). There is a need for ArkGeo in Arkansas even if we all don't realize it. Without ArkGeo geocaches might have been banned in Arkansas State Parks. ArkGeo is not just a place to talk about it, but do it.

I challenge myself and everyone else to volunteer to do what you can for ArkGeo and help out with committees and events, then maybe we can start working to host GeoWoodstock in Arkansas.

drmo913 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paris1time View Post
    I think Arkansas could host GeoWoodstock and would be a great state to host it. In my opinion I think that there is only one thing listed in the criteria that has to be overcome to cause it to happen...
    ...How can ArkGeo began to really work toward hosting GeoWoodstock? I think that all of the members need to start by volunteering for a committee and then not only be on the committee, but be active. I have to confess as a member of ArkGeo and as past president I have been guilty of not stepping up and doing all the things I should have done, but remember this is for FUN. Life and family comes first, so there are times that some could not help. That's why we need to grow our membership to have a larger group to work on committees and then when someone can't help maybe someone else can.

I'd be more than willing to help on any committee. I signed up at the State Meeting, but I left the committee desired blank because I'll serve wherever there's a need. I was approached by a couple of people about working on their committees, but I've not heard from them since.

What needs to be done?

Morgan - You were placed on the Membership Relations Committee. You should see the committee forum at the bottom of the forum listing (http://arkgeocaching.org/forumdispla...ions-Committee)

drmo913 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kcackler View Post
    Morgan - You were placed on the Membership Relations Committee. You should see the committee forum at the bottom of the forum listing (http://arkgeocaching.org/forumdispla...ions-Committee)
    Hurrah! I wish I would have been notified, but I'll take late over never. Thanks!