Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Caching

Cemetery Caching

Just wondering about looking for caches in cemetery's. Is it ok to look around at the headstones there? I'm kinda fascinated by seeing really old ones. It's kinda weird seeing some of them and wondering if any of they're relatives are around to remember them. I like to just wonder how they're life was and what brought them to this grave. Is that odd, or weird or anything? Or is it better to just get the cache and get outta there?

I personally love it when people visit our cemetery. It makes me feel good to know that someone remembers or is interested. Most cemetery caches are not placed near the graves, but it's perfectly normal to be interested in the memorials and the lives represented. Just remember to be respectful - goes without saying, right?

I am about to temporarily disable my favorite, but please visit the page and read the story - then visit when you can!
    Mark Rocks at Spring Valley - my favorite spot on this earth!
    GCZW9Q
    Last edited by topkitty98; 05-09-2011 at 08:08 PM.

I love cemetery caches. I try to always take a picture of the sign so I always have a name for the cemetery. And I like to walk around and look at the old headstones and read the dates. I don't think it is disrespectful myself. I place caches in cemeteries as well and always make sure they are not close to any graves.

GeoJeepers Guest
    Cemetery caching is cool! Mrs. GeoJeepers can look at the headstones for hours....the older the better.

edieo Guest
    I volunteer for a site called findagrave to take photo of gravestone so if I know there is a request for a gravestone photo at a cemetery there is a cache in I will try to do both at one time .And I get a smiley on both account .

TURTLEHAWG Guest
    since one of my other hobbies is genealogy, do I even want to confess to how many hundreds of pictures of headstones I have on my computer?

TURTLEHAWG Guest
    My log on a DNF in a cemetery:
    May 13 by Turtle&Hawg (710 found)

This place seriously creeps me out. I looked for about 15 minutes and that was all I could stand. The strange accoustics are getting to me. There are some buildings a couple hundred yards away, but I see no sign of people in any direction. Even the windows on the buildings are closed. But I can hear people talking! I hear voices that sound like they aren't more than 50-60 ft away, normal conversational tones, and I can even make out most of the words. I kept looking up and around, expection some people to walk out from behind one of the bushes or something... Really strange! It's Friday the 13th, I am alone in a cemetery and I am hearing conversations. I am SOOO out of here!!! Maybe I'll come back some day when I have some one with me, then again, maybe not.

Which cemetery was that? I'm in Russellville and have a bit of curiosity about ghosts and such. Would love to visit that particular spot.

I'd like to check that place out as well

edieo Guest
    Fess up ,tell us more !Where ,Where .