Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geo-buddy?

dirt_empire Guest

Geo-buddy?

I've come to find out that while geocaching is fun, it isn't fun when you get most of yours alone. Seeing as the only other geocacher I know is someone that I converted and doesn't have a lot of time for the game I've decided to search my local AGA forums.

Looking for someone in the Jacksonville/Sherwood area willing to head out earlier in the morning or late at night to grab some FTF's, as well as possibly plan a day to scour one area or another or al caches. Anyone with an able body and a love for the game. Someone who isn't afraid of multi hour round-trip hikes for a 5/5 cache in the middle of nowhere. Someone who won't burst into flames when in the sun as well, as summer is approaching and I've too much time on my hands.

Just shoot me a PM or post in here to let me know if you're interested.

Although I have a great geo-bud, we both still get most of ours solo. No shame there. Most cachers are active, busy people, whose schedules just do not align as well as desired. By nature we are sort of a secret society, so it takes some time to make social contacts. I recommend that you get to know the cachers in your area, by being generous with your log posts, contacting cachers by private message, and attending local and regional events. ArkGeo is a great place to start. If you ever plan on being in my neck of the woods, I would be thrilled to adventure with you if my schedule allows.

dirt_empire Guest
    I'll take it all into consideration, thank you.

As far as events are concerned I'll hopefully attend some later in the summer. Seems like all those that have recently occured or are just about to are not in the cards for me. Between class and an upcoming vacation (when at least 2 events will be happening in my area!) it just click. Understandable about the schedule thing as well. Most cachers I've met seem to be profeesionals of one knid or another, grabbing most of theirs in small handfuls when they can.

I wish you were closer to my area. I really don't have a geo buddy and do most of mine along. Occassionally I will team with someone on the way to an event. And occassionally for a day run somewhere. Caching is a great hobby and I can enjoy it alone or with a buddy. This is a good place to make friends and another suggestion would be that if you were going to be in a certain area to cache for a day, you might post and see if anyone wants to meet up with you.

TURTLEHAWG Guest
    I am in Russellville, and also do most of my caching alone, due to hubby's work schedule. Being Minnesota born and raised, I don't handle Arkansas summers well, but as long as you stay upwind, that shouldn't be an issue. : ) I often enjoy going solo because the quiet time is nice, but I am most always up for company, it can be more fun with a cache-buddy. I can be reached thru Geocaching.com

Ashallond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jffok View Post
    I wish you were closer to my area. I really don't have a geo buddy and do most of mine along. Occassionally I will team with someone on the way to an event. And occassionally for a day run somewhere. Caching is a great hobby and I can enjoy it alone or with a buddy. This is a good place to make friends and another suggestion would be that if you were going to be in a certain area to cache for a day, you might post and see if anyone wants to meet up with you.

Judy, I'll be yer geobuddy this summer when I'm not in a workshop... I gotta talk to you about that run we had to postpone anyway.

I like to go 'caching with my son. I don't care if we don't find any, it's just the time spent with him I enjoy. He loves geocaching! His face lights up when I tell him to come on, we're going geocaching! Still working on is stealth, though! He gets real excited when he finds one and it's hard to keep him quiet!

TURTLEHAWG Guest
    I would also like to know if/when anyone has plans to do any of the lake caches in the Russellville area. There are several that you really need a boat to access, and, well, I don't have one! Hubby frowns on the idea of just going down to the boat launch and begging rides from the fishermen!

I have never had much luck getting a ride from around the boat docks. But if you come up with a good idea let me know.

specialteacher Guest
    Maurine you are to funny.