Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Location for Geowoostock 2012?

I am planning on heading that way on Thursday. Not sure when I will be coming back though. I think I am going to make a big round trip to grab some other states I have not cached in.

We are hoping to put a group together from Ft. Smith to make the trip.

If RBG 's medical issues are stable we hope to make the trip as well. Our first geo-woodstock experience!

I'm planning on living on the cheap and experiencing my first Geo-Woodstock as well. Just gonna live in my truck/tent and eat cheap. Gas is supposed to be well above $4.00 by then anyway. Would like to meet up with others from ArkGeo to cache in and around the area as well.

drmo913 Guest
    Smilin4God, JasonDDickerson, WednesdayAdams & myself have tentatively planned on going.

TURTLEHAWG Guest
    we got a room at the Fairfield in Louisville and plan to arrive mid-day Friday. it will be our first GeoWoodstock and we're excited!

The Fort Smith area group is going! Should be fishigfool60, secondgunman, Ashallond, JFFOK, Pizzaboy2600 and myself (Guwisti). Pizzaboy and me are heading that way Tuesday night. Stopping in Jonesboro that night, then up to Evansville, IN Wednesday Night with arrival in Louisville on Thursday. Going to visit some distilleries on Thursday since it's Pizzaboy's birthday. The rest of the group, minus Ash who is flying, are heading up through Nashville with arrival on Friday. Ash is landing Friday too. Then all of us are heading back home through Indiana and MO. Staying Sunday night in St. Louis. So we should all pick up quite a few states!! If anyone wants to meet up for eating or whatever. Give us a holler, I believe most of our numbers are in the PAF list. I think this is all of ours first GeoWoodstock!
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.

Woodwalker and I are going. We still do not know for sure exactly when we are leaving. We are staying in Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by guwisti View Post
    The Fort Smith area group is going! Should be fishigfool60, secondgunman, Ashallond, JFFOK, Pizzaboy2600 and myself (Guwisti). Pizzaboy and me are heading that way Tuesday night. Stopping in Jonesboro that night, then up to Evansville, IN Wednesday Night with arrival in Louisville on Thursday. Going to visit some distilleries on Thursday since it's Pizzaboy's birthday. The rest of the group, minus Ash who is flying, are heading up through Nashville with arrival on Friday. Ash is landing Friday too. Then all of us are heading back home through Indiana and MO. Staying Sunday night in St. Louis. So we should all pick up quite a few states!! If anyone wants to meet up for eating or whatever. Give us a holler, I believe most of our numbers are in the PAF list. I think this is all of ours first GeoWoodstock!
    ADD the SunnyArkFamily to the Ft. Smith group.

Anyone in ArkGeo planning on camping? I'm torn as to what to do. I've looked at flying, renting a car, motel etc. and it all is a little out of my budget. On a whim I even looked at flying to Maine on May 22 and driving to Louisville to pick up all the states in between (it was cheaper to fly from Memphis to Maine than Memphis to Louisville?? Go figure?!?!) but the drop off fee on all the rental cars I found was about $500 give or take since it was different location from rental. I'm just curious, beside what guwisti posted above, what are everyone's plans?