Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Location for Geowoostock 2012?

Location for Geowoostock 2012?

My family and I attended GeoWoodstock VII in Bell Buckle, TN in 2009 and had hoped to attend again, but things have not worked out for it this year or last year. We do hope that GeoWoodstock X is closer to home, but of course they won't officially announce next years location until the end of GeoWoodstock IX.

However, I think I may have narrowed down the location...

GeoWoodstock I was held in Louisville, KY and I think it will return to a location near there for the 10th Anniversary.

I also found this:

http://www.lookupbook.com/directory/...oodstock-x-llc

It appears that it is a listing for a Limited Liability Company (LLC) called GeoWoodstock X. The address is in Clarksville, Indiana which is the listed home town on Facebook for Wcnut (Chuck Williams) and also near Louisville, KY.

I'm not sure what all Wcnut has done but at one point he had been to every GeoWoodstock.

I guess only time will tell if I am right.

Awesome, David, maybe just maybe we could actually go to one!

Logistics wise - that would also be between this year's location and last.

Ashallond Guest
    Wife has family in Louisville. Might actually be able to persuade her to let me go to this one...

That would be great if it is that close. I will start begging now.

I don't know how far along the planning is but the Tulsa area/Oklahoma City area cachers have submitted an application to host the event in 2012/2013/2014. They don't know if they will be accepted or if so which year they will be accepted for.

Well, we have family in Louisville, so that will be great, that is a little over 9hrs from here, of course Tulsa area is even closer, I'm sure 2012 has already been awarded, and will be announced at GW9, 2013 and 2014 are in consideration, a lot of advanced planning has to go into such a large event, but they sure are fun, gives us the location where we are going on vacation that year!

GeoWoodstock X will be in Sellersberg, IN which is next to Clarksville, IN and across the state line from Louisville, KY. Guess I should start investigating GeoWoodstock XI and see if I can narrow that one down in advance.

My family and I are going to try and make GWX.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    I'm with you. I told my wife that we are taking a family vacation in Indiana next year.

Ashallond Guest
    I;m currently in Bardstown (25 minutes south of Bardstown) If I can get a day away, I'll scout the field (and hit the caches all in the city)

GC2X6ZV

you can go ahead and register an account as well.

www.geowoodstock.com

Ashallond Guest
    I was up in the area yesterday and left a note.

(picture included!)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.a...1-350347fb4011