Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Election 2011

54 total votes out of how many voting members? It says a lot when only 54 people could be bothered to vote.

Technically speaking, there are 204 registered voters in the organization. However, *ROUGHLY* 100 of them have not logged in in over a year, technically making them inactive members.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    So still on roughly 50% cared to vote. That is crazy.

No doubt that it's a low number. I would love to see that % increase next year.

A special thanks from the likestocanoe gang to each of the new Board members!
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

DaTexanBoy Guest
    Yeah, I'd have to concur with that. I wonder if putting a banner a couple months out on the site would help increase awareness that elections are coming up. Then a bigger flashier banner during the month of voting. Just an idea.

If people aren't visiting the website anyway, a big flashy banner isn't going to help much.

I have placed a banner at the top of each page if you are logged in to the website but NOT a voting member yet. That will hopefully get us a few conversions this year.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    True. It seems like the site is a little more active since the meeting though. Sweet.

I'm pretty sure I received an email this year announcing the start of the election period. Or did I dream that???

I know that I have received emails in the past years announcing the elections.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

An email was sent to all registered voters announcing the election. If you didn't receive it, it's probably because it went to your spam folder.