Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geocachers Roll Call

In Ragweed Valley the only sounds that can be heard are generators and chain saws......... Praying for those who lost family or friends.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

pshelto Guest
    Down here in da swamps, we got lots of rain and lightning, but no tornadoes. I had my storm cellar down to one foot of water and I was ready to dive in, but we just didn't have much here. I'm grateful and my prayers go out to those that are recovering from the storms. Think of all the caches floating down to the Gulf, just like messages in bottles.

We are okay. Had trash on driveway and in our yard. We lost power at 5:00 pm monday and power returned at 730 pm thursday so this is the first time to be on ark geo for any time. Qtr. Mile away trees were down and many of our neighbors had roof damage. Not far from us on highway 7 a complex for teens in trouble called teen challenge was devistated. One baby in that area died.

drmo913 Guest
    got an email from dorthy, glenda & toto... but we're just fine!

razorbackdave Guest
    My Son had a tree fall on his car as he was drivng on West Baseline in Little Rock a couple of nights ago. It totally crushed his windsheild, dented his windshield pillar post, dinged his hood, broke the front grill and dented the front bumper. He kept his wits and drove on home but he was very lucky to not be hurt or killed. It was dark and stormy when it happend ..... Just crazy good or bad luck based on how you look at it.

GEDC0677.jpg

my yard.

It's pictures like that that make me thankful we live at the top of a hill.

We are now in major flooding - my school was closed today, many were sent home early and now the entire district is closed tomorrow. We have two ways in and out of our subdivision. To the north through Jacksonville - under several feet of water, south to Sherwood, it's awfully close. I will post pictures.

photo (2).jpgphoto (4).jpgphoto (3).jpg 1) The back side of the bean fields that closed the freeway between Sherwood and Jacksonville
    2) The clear way out of NorthLake - if you had xray vision, you could see a cache here! 3) The Jacksonville side of the NorthLake

One terrified night of driving home from work through high water--reminded me of the time I almost got washed off the low-water bridge at Barkshed. 5 more inches of rain since Saturday and a brand new cache that was washed away, but it feels good to be on the perch on top of the mountain at times like this.