Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Virtuals are coming back!

YO, mighty lizard, many pardons. Will work on the Groundspeak forums, etc....
    Last edited by SJClimber; 08-23-2011 at 07:51 PM.

I tried it again last night about 7:00 and finally got the ones in Paris (got them) and then tried Little Rock and the Capitol challenge showed up. Then I started wondering what kind of radius each town/challenge takes into consideration. Put in North Little Rock, Jacksonville, and Bryant and the Capitol Challenge comes up, but Cabot and Benton doesn't show anything. They probably need to let us know what kind of area/radius they are using!! Sure would help if you're traveling out of State! Also, I wonder if they will ever list the Challenges by State, too. Or do they figure there would be too many that would show up?? Mainly just asking myself a lot of questions!

I may be wrong, but I think the search online is directly connected to their app for the iphone and android phones. I have a Droid X and downloaded the app for it the day it came. It automatically searches for geocaching challenges near your location.

I had thought about creating a thread that would list Arkansas Geocaching Challenges, but if a challenge is flagged too many times by members it will be automatically archived. The thread would have to be constantly checked to make sure the list contained active challenges.

I think they may have also made it a little harder to search to keep people from just going down a list and flagging every challenge. There are those out there, and if you don't believe me check out the Groundspeak forums, that despise the challenges. They probably flag every challenge no matter what. If someone could pull up a list of every challenge in Arkansas they would just go and flag each one and ask their fellow geocaching challenge haters to flag them too. They will have to work harder to flag them if that is their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Jffok View Post
    It is looks to me like these are being counted as finds on the geocaching count. Am I looking at it wrong. I checked on friends page who had found 2 of the challenges. And they were added into his total finds.
    They are now showing challenges separate from cache finds on your profile.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

We have completed 10 challenges to date. All of the worldwide ones(with the exception of the archived "kiss a frog") and a few local ones as well. Watching the sun set from the big dam bridge took care of 2 tonight. It's just another way that I can get the whole family together for fun. I for one think that they are great. I don't think of it as geocaching just another way to get out with the family.

Quote Originally Posted by thefab5willisclan View Post
    They are now showing challenges separate from cache finds on your profile.
    Yeah, I just noticed that today and was going to post something about it. I am happy that they are counted separately. I don't really consider them to be "geocaches", for several reasons, and therefore I don't think they should be part of the total geocache find number. Not that I'm against doing them. I just don't think they should count as part of the total finds.

"Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Ashallond Guest
    the problem is, if you look at your total list of geocaches, they are still part of the total. Benchmarks, are still not. so it looks to me that they are counting them as finds still.

I agree they should not count as a geocache. my total finds do not show the challenges though. They are separate on my profile and everywhere that I've looked.

And my stats at the bottom of my Posts here show the correct # of cache finds. My completed challenges are not part of that number.