Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtuals are coming back!

Virtuals are coming back!

I know this subject is not new, but as it gets closer for Groundspeak to implement a plan that brings Virtuals back I was curious what everyone else on the ArkGeo Forums think. I know there are those in "the other" forums that really are passionate about being for or against them. I for one like them, and look forward to seeing what Groundspeak does. Here is the post by Jeremy Irish on the Feedback Forum about Virtuals:

"We are partway through a project that will "bring virtuals back" in a way that doesn't adversely affect the core geocaching experience. The new plan is to have this launched to the public in late May. (13675)
    Jeremy Admin"
    I have not heard much speculation on what Groundspeak plans on doing. I wonder if they are going to integrate Waymarking.com and Geocaching.com where Virtuals or Waymarks can be viewed on either site and when you log them found that they count in your geocaching statistics.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    I personally love Virtuals. All the ones I have done to date, have always been real interesting.

There are a number of sites in western US that are waymarked, but could easily be virtuals. It would be nice if Groundspeak would assimilate waymarking into the original site in some fashion.

I too, personally love virtuals. I'm a history buff and on several vacations have seen and read about things in history that I wouldn't have seen or knew about otherwise, if it weren't for virtuals.
    Last edited by ronwhite; 04-29-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Virtuals are a different aspect of the game that we really enjoyed. I hope they come back.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

I too love virtuals. Can't wait to see 'em come back! I can think of a couple that are a must when virtuals come back.

We really hope they bring the virtual caches back - the sooner, the better.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

I, too, love virtuals! I think there are many areas that would be opened to us for placement if virtuals were once again "legal".

Thanks for sharing, P1T. I had heard rumors, but didn't know it was on the horizon so quickly. I too, like virtuals, but I do like being able to claim a cache by finding the treasure box and formally stamping the proof of my visit. I dislike having to beg a CO for a smiley on a virtual. However, there are just some places where hiding tupperware is impractical, and I've got a few in mind to turn into virtuals if and when they ever decide to bring them back.

That will be great!! There are a lot of virtuals that we have found that are historical sights that we would have never seen if not for the virtual there!