Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Virtuals are coming back!

Ashallond Guest
    hmm, then it's weird. Here, go look at this profile, and click on the geocaches tab.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?g...c-73cedbcc0445

At the bottom of the left, it says that HnsomHoundPrttyKitty has found/completed 968. When I add up their geocache categories only, I only get 956, which is 12 short...and they have 12 challenges.

On this page, it's still being counted as a find.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashallond View Post
    hmm, then it's weird. Here, go look at this profile, and click on the geocaches tab.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?g...c-73cedbcc0445

At the bottom of the left, it says that HnsomHoundPrttyKitty has found/completed 968. When I add up their geocache categories only, I only get 956, which is 12 short...and they have 12 challenges.

On this page, it's still being counted as a find.
    True. But on the page that opens up with the link you provided (Profile page), it clearly breaks out Geocaches Found and Challenges Completed. Also, under the Statistics tab, the number listed is the number of geocaches found, not the total of geocaches and challenges. It would appear that there are not any statistics being generated by the website on challenges.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Ashallond Guest
    yeah, thus my confusion. It's like they halfway put it in place, but not consistently everywhere. and I wonder how they would make it consistent when the feedback people start voting up the issue.

Maybe they will fix it all when they go down for an update at 11am pdt tomorrow.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Ashallond Guest
    hope so. I know one fix is that you won't have your list of open challenges still full of challenges that got nuked that first day (like mine is) beyond that, I haven't seen the full list of fixes yet.

Quote Originally Posted by thefab5willisclan View Post
    Maybe they will fix it all when they go down for an update at 11am pdt tomorrow.
    Looks like they did. I just noticed that on the Geocaches tab referenced by Ashallond, the total now excludes challenges as well as benchmarks, as noted in the footnote.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Ashallond Guest
    then...I'm getting more content with them.

I am still wondering why the challenge shows up as a find on your total finds. It was my understanding that they would not count. Does it work the same way as temp. caches. They show as finds but not as authenic caches.

Doesn't look like the challenges are going to count as a "find," but as a completed challenge. Surely not as if you were to find a virtual. Oh well....

We are now up to 11 challenges completed now. Woo Hooo!!!
    Profile for thefab5willisclan