Thread: Version of phpBB?

RuffRidr Guest

Version of phpBB?

Anybody know what version of php BB this board uses? Another forum I am on uses phpBB as well, and they got hacked yesterday. All of the messages were lost. It's pretty depressing knowing that all of that knowledge is lost. Anyway, the moderator there said that there was a vulnerability in php BB 2 and below that allowed the hackers to somehow create and admin account.

I'd hate to see that happen here. I hope we're up to the latest version. Also, I'm wondering what kind of backups are being done.

--RuffRidr

southdeltan Guest
    I beleive it's 2.0.8 which was the current version when php-nuke 6.9 was created.

There are problems with even the most current versions of phpBB and php-nuke.

I can't speak about the backups - I do not know.

LongDogs has been busy with work and other stuff so he hasn't been around much lately. When I can discuss it with him I will talk to him about an upgrade to a much more secure CMS (content management system) that is based off of php-nuke but much much much more secure.
    I will be upgrading the MSGA website over my Christmas break and security is one of the main reasons.

sd

LongDogs Guest

Hacks

We do backups, although not as frequently as I'd like, as they are manual. The ISP supposedly does nightly backups.

We are running a modified version of PHP-Nuke and phpBB, which has had all the anti-hacking patches applied. We've also turned off some of the features that make a site most vulnerable (and aren't really useful).