Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Phone Book Database

2011 Phone Book Database

Folks, we're going to try and resurrect the "phone a friend" database. If you wish to participate, send as much data as you wish to Kevin or me and we will build a spread, possibly using Google documents in time. I was thinking of column headers to include: Caching Moniker, Name, Cell number, Other contact phone numbers as desired (home, work etc.), Email, Twitter/Facebook info, possibly Bouncr email (Bouncr.com account allows one to create an email account hiding your real email if this process gets taken advantage of).

Now, the down side to Google documents is that one must have a Google account to access the spread. May not be acceptable to many. Therefore, in the growth process, we'll keep the info available on Excel for all participants. May graduate to Google Docs for those with Google accounts. We'll see how this evolves.

If you have suggestions on building this thing, please post on this thread or let one of us know. My thought is to make this data available, but in as private a format as possible (if this can be achieved).

Onward, SJC..
    Last edited by SJClimber; 04-19-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Ashallond Guest
    For those willing to use google docs, can you go ahead and whip up a form for us to input the info?

Google documents will allow you to create a form that someone can fill out and it will automatically put the information into a spreadsheet on Google Documents. That same information could easily be copied and pasted into an Excel spreadsheet. There would be no need by the person offering to give their information to have a google account. I also believe that anyone would be able to "view" the google spreadsheet as long as they have a link and there would be no need to have a google account. I will try a simple form and post it here to see if it works.

It may be one needs the account to edit the document, not necessarily to view it. Will look into the form to post individual information. Thanks David.

Kevin created the spread last night and labeled it Arkgeo PAF. Maybe to avoid confusion early on, delete the above URL and I'll check with Kevin to see if the spread is closed to editing with the form. It may be that the ability to post the information with the form is not limited to those who can edit the spread. If the data needs to be tweaked then we can do so.

Last edited by SJClimber; 04-20-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Mine was just a test creation to see what we were capable of. But if you want to use it for the live thing, then by all means....

Okay, we have a spread. Using the link below, insert your contact info into the form and this data should migrate to the spread which you can view once given the link. At present, if you complete the form, we will send a link to the spread where there are a number of formats for download. Unfortunately, you cannot print directly from the web-page. If this works, the spread will update automatically.

Link to form:https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...OTA0eFU3Y0E6MQ
    Last edited by SJClimber; 04-20-2011 at 08:40 PM.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    just submitted my info.

Submitted my info.

Got my info submitted - hope it went through!! This'll be cool once we have this thing going!! Way to go, guys!