Thread: Adventure Needed

Adventure Needed

The weathers getting warmer and my need for major hiking is becoming intense. I'm wanting to track down a really tough cache to journey to around central Arkansas. If anyone know of any good ones please send me a link or let me know about it. Thanks

JodyC_GoHogs Guest
    The Chigger Series in Burns Park is a real booger, and will take some brain power and probably a few Phone-A-Friend calls to solve. Also, while not difficult, the Earthcache in Hot Springs (Tah-ne-ko, I believe?) is a nice afternoon excursion.

edieo Guest
    It would depend on how far you are willing to travel ..There are some great waterfall caches(GCJ3F2)(GCJ3EW)(GCHG8X)(GCMRK4)(GCHM02)(GC2 9FVW)around Ben Hur and Pelsor (GC3257)(GCH9W9)and there are some great hiking caches on Petit Jean Mountain but your not suppose to be out on those trails after dark ..lol..Ar-Hick just archvied some on the Seven Hollow Trail but there are few still out there and I am working on placing more and getting mine permits.(GCQ6TH)(GCTXFJ)(GCTXFA)
    Check out some of these caches I have listed ...

I didn't know some had been archived on the Seven Hollows trail, these were some of my favorite I do plan on hitting the BSA trail this year at Petit Jean. It would be a great one as well.

Cool thanks i just assumed that their was probably some good ones out on petit jean so now that my suspicions have been confirmed ill look into it and maybe even just plan to go during the day

edieo Guest
    Night Hiker and trail you chose will be a good one you can't go wrong ..Justin hick was tired of messing with the permits .
    But I plan on moving them and getting permits for them. I have them back up soon I've get the permit ready just need them signed by state park ,,

Will they be new caches, or just his caches with transferred ownership? Kinda hoping they are 'new' caches to give me another reason to visit the park!

Quote Originally Posted by edieo View Post
    Night Hiker and trail you chose will be a good one you can't go wrong ..Justin hick was tired of messing with the permits .
    But I plan on moving them and getting permits for them. I have them back up soon I've get the permit ready just need them signed by state park ,,
    Edie, so you are planning to put new caches there? I was just up there Tuesday to get several of my permits renewed and the park superintendent told me Hick was archiving his and told me to go ahead and place more. I've been working today to get them ready and I'm all set to go up there and place them. The park supt. will only allow a certain number of caches to be active in the park at a time.

If you are just taking over Hick's caches, why didn't he just let you adopt them and then get new permits?
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

edieo Guest
    I very sorry about this .I really didn't know I would be causing a problem and also I believed new caches in the park would be welcome ..again sorry for the confusing ..I'll try to talk to the park superintent to today if he won't let me have the permits I'll let you know .As far Hick way of thinking I can't answer for him..
    Last edited by edieo; 03-29-2011 at 03:27 AM.

pshelto Guest
    I know it's out of the way for many, but the Cane Creek SP has a great hiking trail and they seem very open to new caches. I have not personally placed any, but the park attendant in charge of them told me she would love to help with upkeep. Just sayin'