Thread: April Fool's Caching

gingerose Guest

April Fool's Caching

S.W.A.G. (Southwest Arkansas Geocachers) is hosting three events the first weekend of April. We would love to see everyone there!!!

GC2MP8H- Twas' the Night before Swagville- Friday, April 1, 2011- For those in the area or have already arrived, we are planning a meet and eat at Charlie's Pizza Pub. We plan on starting the gathering at 6:00 p.m., but if you are running a little later don't worry - just come join the FUN. The menu is pizza and sandwiches, but you are not required to purchase a meal to attend. Just please don't bring food into the restaurant from other locations. This event is planned to give those arriving early an extra opportunity to swap some geocaching stories - so bring your best ones and come on over.

GC2MN1M- Fooling Around Swagville-Saturday, April 2, 2011- This year is it Fooling Around Swagville that awaits you with all the fun of last year plus a few new twists. Plans are in the works for 50+ new caches to be placed and published the week of the event. The 2nd Annual S.W.A.G. Event will take place in Jesseville from 8:59 to 2:11 p.m. There will be a special area set up for the younger cachers with toys, books, games, and movies to keep them entertained and happy.
    You will have the morning to participate in the plethora of activities before enjoying a meal at 12:02 p.m. Bar-b-que plate with the fixin's catered by Home Plate Diner will be available for $7.00 per person if you wish to eat at the event. You are welcome to bring you own, or head on out for your meal, also but we need a head count for those wishing a meal from the caterer. Please post by March 27, 2011, if you plan on purchasing a meal and how many. There is no cost to attend the event of course but prize donations are very welcomed.
    Invite your friends, muggles, cachers, neighbors and even a few enemies to have a great time in Swagville with the S.W.A.G. gang.
    A few of the planned activities include:

<>Pocket Caches<>
    <>Camo contest<>
    <>Kids cache<>
    <> Geo-bingo<>
    <>Geo-clue<>
    <>Travel Bug and Geocoins<>
    <>S.W.A.G. Scavenger Hunt<>
    <>LOL- Caching Hayride<>
    <>Caching Trivia<>

<>Arkgeo Merchandise and Information<>

GC2MN2D- Swagville After Dark- Saturday, April 2, 2011- For an even better time in Cacheville, stick around for the whoop-t-do that is going on after dark. Whether you have been in Cacheville and it's suburbs all day or just making it in for the bonfire there is plenty of fun to be had. The festivities will begin about 6:00 pm. with a bonfire along iwth hotdogs and marshmellows. The SWAG members are putting together a nighttime caching adventure. Make sure to have your flashlight on hand for this night caching experience.Come enjoy an evening of geocache story swapping good 'ole time.
    Last edited by kcackler; 03-30-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Adding links to gc.com

JessN Guest

Event question

I had a great time at the SWAG event and wished I could have stayed for the last one. One question-The temporary caches that we found-how do we log those as finds? It says on the instruction sheet to log them at SWAGVILLE (gc2r2w but I can not figure out how when I get to that page. Any help?

Jess N

gingerose Guest
    I just logged in to see your post. It looks like you have already found your answer.

Thank you so much for coming to Swagville. We really enjoyed having so many people and from so many different places.