Thread: Russellville Caches

LadyEngineer Guest

Russellville Caches

I've got business meeting in Russellville Tuesday - Thursday of this week (Dec 14-16) and have a little time before the meeting on Tuesday and after the meeting on Thursday. I'm looking for city caches that I can do. I will probably be caching alone so I was wanting some advice on which ones would be okay for a single woman to be doing, especially if I find some time in the evening after the meetings.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Yeah!!! We're having company. I'm so excited :P

Russellville is pretty safe. About the worst we see is an occasional flasher at Bona Dea Trails. There are a lot of caches along those trails. I think you would be perfectly safe in the afternoon, but I wouldn’t go there at night.

Here is a list of safe, fun, and easy to get to caches. Some of these are ours so I'm tootin' my own horn.

Hear That Lonesome Whistle Blow - Easy to get to. Can do at night.
    Ellen's Art - Two stages are very close. Creative hide.
    Clark's Vacation - At Bona Dea, but in a very safe area. Close to parking.
    Johnny Cache - Short walk
    W Won - Another short walk. Pretty area.
    Yhatzee - Challenging 1st stage, easy second.
    Cousin Eddie - If you're up for a challenge.
    Mission Impossible - Fun & easy in a nice park. Will take about 45 minutes.
    Check it Out - Short, easy walk in the woods. Check out the visitor center while you're there.
    The Evil One - I've never seen another like it. If you only do one, do this one.

Check it Out and The Evil One are at Lake Dardanelle State Park along with Watchable Wildlife which is worth finding if you're in the area.

Mission Impossible and Yhatzee are at the Lock and Dam along with Old Post Overlook, Smelly Cache and Easy Rider. They are all about .25 miles round trip on well marked trails. Audrey’s Kick in the Grass is real close and practically a drive up.

As an engineer you might like Graduating Cache and Main Street, which is long but after the fourth stage you can park and walk.

If you need any hints while out hunting, or anything else while you’re in town, give us a call at 293-4125. If we’re not home Carla always has her phone on. 857-1019

Have fun and be sure to tell us about it when you get home.

Clark

PS What brings you to our fine city?
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

cachecrazies Guest
    Not being from Clarksville, we can't really say what it's like at night in all areas. Although we felt perfectly safe running around all over the place last January after dark.

But I don't see how you can have any trouble with "The Judge" since it's at the courthouse or with "Holy Smokes". "Eau de Arby" should be fine anytime, I would think - and the train station of course. That's only a few off the top of my head without going back to check on the caches there.

So you should have plenty to keep you busy! And interested!!!!! to say the least!

LadyEngineer Guest
    We have an all engineers meeting every year to earn pdh's for our licenses. Last year and this year we are in Russellville. Since I've hear so much about the Griswolds and since National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is my husband and my favorite Christmas movie, I figured it was appropriate to try and get at least one cache in. We are meeting on Tuesday from 10 - 5, Wednesday 7 - 4:30 and Thursday 7 - 12. I'm hoping to get into town Tues at 8 and give myself about an hour and 45 mins and then the same on Thursday afternoon. So we shall see. I've got you cell number already in my cell. Thanks so much.

LE

Russellville has a lot of great caches I need to get back down there and get some more of them.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

cachecrazies Guest
    Sorry, LE.

Clarksville and Russellville are linked together in my tiny brain - and they're not really that far apart! I guess that's why the Clarksville caches came to mind.

The Evil One is definately one of the best and we loved the Bona Dea trails and all the caches there. We also loved Aunt Edna, well, sorta - you'll know why if you find it!

LadyEngineer Guest
    Well I have found two for sure and if they will allow it a third one today. I sure wish I had more time here. There are lots of them I want to do.