Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jeep Travelbugs

bmwrider1 Guest
    We have droped 8 in In Arkansas. Most of them in the SW part and a couple in the central part of the state. One in southern MO. We even ran into a full sized one in yellow yesteryday on our way to put one in a cache. Just wondred how to get them to grow up like that

RuffRidr Guest
    I just placed one in NW Arkansas this weekend. It is in kind of a remote cache, so it may be there for a little while. The cache is Deer Swim 1. It is a cache that is on an island in the middle of Beaver Lake.

--RuffRidr

LadyEngineer Guest

What are the rules on these jeepers?

I was noticing that there are a couple of cachers that have a jeep and they just keep logging it into different caches and logging it back out. They say they are doing this to get the miles on the jeep log. I was under the impression that the jeep is trying to change cachers hands as well as change caches. Is it right to hang on to a jeep and just move it from cache to cache? Shouldn't we be encouraging everyone to give others an opportunity to get their hands on the jeeps too? Just wondering what is the correct way. I got one about three weeks ago and didn't really want to give it up but thought that I was doing the right thing by giving others a chance a catching one. Kind of wish I had keep the little guy now.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    L.E. You did the right thing. All the Jeep TBs have the same goal which I have copied and am pasteing here:

Current GOAL: Move me to another cache so I can meet another geocacher.

However, people are keeping multiple Jeep TBs, keeping them and logging them as you said, and just keeping them. It amazes me that people can use a GPSr and locate caches, but can't read a goal.

I'd say, don't fight it. Just keep the next one you find.

LadyEngineer Guest
    Well if someone would let go of them long enough for me to get my hands on one I just might. But I'm sure my inner self won't let me, because it believes in playing by the rules. D*** &*. I really hate my conscience sometimes.

Phantom_491 Guest

Jeep TBs

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEngineer
    Well if someone would let go of them long enough for me to get my hands on one I just might. But I'm sure my inner self won't let me, because it believes in playing by the rules. D*** &*. I really hate my conscience sometimes.
    I place a jeep on your Bug Motel yesterday afternoon, but before I could get home and log it into the hotel, someone grabbed it.

cachecrazies Guest
    I sympathize with you, LadyEngineer,

I got one about three weeks ago and didn't really want to give it up but thought that I was doing the right thing by giving others a chance a catching one. Kind of wish I had keep the little guy now.
    I REALLY wanted to keep yjtb #19 (such a low number!) but, sigh, I gave him up - as I was supposed to do. At least he's in Stickerdude's hands so I know he'll be passed on. But, hey, wait a minute!

Geezer_Veezey just said -
    I'd say, don't fight it. Just keep the next one you find.
    Hey Dude - send that little guy back to me! He's gonna get lost!

Are you Crazy In sending him loose UP here along with 10 more I sent one out in the world today as a FTF prize. I did not log it into the cache until the FTF was made. I have a few to give out at the CITO in Sallisaw this weekend.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

LadyEngineer Guest
    StickerDude, you've got ten! Come on man your holding out on us. Why not bring them to the meet and greet and share the wealth? So did the FTF grab it? Which cache did you put it in? What numbers are you holding so I can watch them?

I got 10 of them from Groundspeak for the TriState Geocachers. We have a meeting up here this weekend and I plan on giving some of them out then if you are here we will see about getting you one. If there are any left I'll bring them with me next weekend to Little Rock. Hows that? And ofcourse the FTF got it it was in the Mosquito cache of mine.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!