Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep Travelbugs

RuffRidr Guest

Jeep Travelbugs

Did anybody in the Arkansas area sign up to receive one of the Jeep travelbugs? I noticed that they are starting to hit caches around the country and was wondering if we could look forward to some around here soon. As a Jeep owner myself, I am looking forward to getting one of these.

--RuffRidr

LongDogs Guest

Jeeb Travel Bugs

I did not, because I thought someone else on the yahoo list had said they had requested some for us.

If not, any volunteers?

GEO Guest

JEEP TB's

I put in for some but never recieved anything.????
    I have looked around and have not seen any yet.

Re: Jeep Travelbugs

Quote Originally Posted by RuffRidr
    Did anybody in the Arkansas area sign up to receive one of the Jeep travelbugs?
    I requested some, but not specifically for the group. Hope we didn't get overlooked here...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

southdeltan Guest
    If you didn't hear anything back, you're probably not on the list

That sucks. I know a few other groups sent in for some and didn't get any - but they're from states that have like 3 or 4 groups (I have YET to figure that out) and none of them got anything back.

I put in for MS and I got an email response immediately, then a followup a few days later - and then 2 days ago I got an email saying they had shipped some. I know that Alabama is getting a shipment and Louisian is getting one (altho smaller) also.

I haven't a clue how they divided these out - supposedly in this order:

formal organizations
    informal organizations
    event coordinators
    prominent geocachers
    all others

(That's what the email said). I can only conjecture that if you didn't say you represented a group, they slid you down the list.

Don't worry if you don't get any - it's not like they can't cross state lines. I'll see if I can get one in my cache at Lake Chicot. I bet that if a few of you did some cross-state raids you could bring some into the state.

Oh yea - I also know that there is another 1000 TB's in reserve for after the initial shipment. I bet you could get some of those.

sd

Rusty_da_dog Guest
    I sent my name in to get a few for Western Arkansas here, but as of yet haven't heard anything or seen anything, so I am assuming also that my name got overlooked, but who knows, maybe they will still send a few this way.

When I saw them come out I ask for some under the ARgeocaching.com . and I got the same email that southdeltan got. I never received anything else about the bugs. I guess arkansas is not that important to the people at GC.com WE WILL FIND SOME. I was at the TAG meeting yesterday and they said they have not reiceived anything about getting any either.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

GEO Guest

One way or another

We will get some one way or another.
    Sorry Gunnar I just could not get to Tulsa.Maybe you can update us at the Picnic
    GCJCRR
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... ae2e194f51

Hope everyone can make it.

GEO Guest

WOO-HOO!!! We got some Jeep Travelbugs in the mail today from Groundspeak. They sent us 20 of them, so look for them coming soon to cache near you!
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile