Thread: Texas Event in March

Post Texas Event in March

GC2GA58
    10th Anniversary of the First Ever Event
    by Central Texas Geocachers

Howdy from Central Texas!

The first ever caching event was held in Austin in March, 2001. We’re celebrating the 10th anniversary of the first ever event on the weekend of March 25, 2011, and we’d love to have you join us. Visit our website for more information: http://www.geocachingaustin.com

We’ve got a great suite of celebration activities planned:
    * caching games
    * exhibit booths
    * kids activities
    * swag, swag, swag!
    * lots of gorgeous Central Texas caches new and old
    * several event caches

We’re sending this email to the top cachers in Arkansas, in the hopes that you’ll be able to attend. Please forward our invitation to other cachers who you know would be interested.

John aka "thenkengrene"
    Central Texas Geocachers
    Last edited by idratherbehiking; 03-10-2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added links to all GC codes and clean up other links.

I was just about to make a post on this and noticed you beat me to it. Thanks Wayne.
    Having already been to a couple of events put on by the Central Texas Geocachers I know this one is going to be a great event with lots of fun and some great caches.
    I really want to go but I will be at the Texas Challenge the weekend before so I most likely will not be able to go back the next week. If anyone from Arkansas can make this one be sure to let us know how it went.

semik Guest
    Here's more information on the 10th Anniversary of the First Ever Event in Austin, Texas in March. Please pass this on to anyone you think may be interested.

As you know, everything's bigger in Texas so we didn't think it was enough just to hold one event, so we've posted several events to entice you to our cache-rich area for the whole weekend! We strongly recommend attending any or all of the additional events planned so that you can meet other Geocachers and then possibly do some caching afterward.

The Events:
    Friday night at Ghost Town: GC2PW51
    Friday night at Waterloo: GC2PNQM
    Saturday morning: GC2PJWD
    Saturday afternoon: GC2GA58 ("the" event)
    Sunday CITO: GC2P4GV

And what's an event without geocaches to find?? We have created a bookmark list for all the events as well as area caches: those hidden just for this event but also some of Austin's most notable geocaches! This bookmark list will be updated often as more caches are published leading up to the event. http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/...a-4d498a73a3e8

Some of the notable geocaches in our area are the following:
    GC2B034 The Necropolis of Britannia Manor III, GCJCFM Night Mission: Doomspore!, GC1TFCY The Amazing, Incredible Smile Machine!, GC11847 What DNDJ Love About South Austin, GC1DX4T Bouldin Mosaic, GC12HH0 BridgeToTerabithia, GC1Z0P3 A Pirates Treasure Chest, GC1WHVV Mt. Bonnell, GC1AP68 Panther Hollow Junction Cache -- Just to name a few! They're all in the bookmark list mentioned above.

Please join us in Austin for the main event on Saturday, March 26, 2011 from 1:00pm to 9:30pm. For more details, please visit http://geocachingaustin.com/
    And PLEASE RSVP on the cache page at GC2GA58

We look forward to seeing you!

~Central Texas Geocachers
    Last edited by idratherbehiking; 03-10-2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added links to all GC codes and clean up other links.