Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New Site

Not a problem for me. Took all of one minute. Thanks for all you do.

Managing and keeping our membership list updated has been an ongoing concern for a while. Sounds like a good solution.

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

How does one become a voting member? I know on the old site, you had to "sign up" for it. One of my pet peeves with this method was you never had to renew your "membership" meaning we have a ton of members who at one time were voting members, but have not been active in 2 years...yet we counted these numbers as "voting members". By having a 1 year membership renewal, we can automatically get the updated info like phone/address and get a commitment that you'll be an active member in the coming year again!.

We haven't discussed that in much detail, but your thoughts pretty much agree with what I have been thinking. Require renewal yearly or you revert back to being a regular member. I will be putting up the member registration form hopefully early next week.

All registered voter information has now been transferred to the new website. If your information is out of date, please take a minute to update it at http://arkgeocaching.org/profile.php?do=editprofile

I will be working on the voter registration form this evening.

Thanks to the people involved in making this transition. It looks like a lot of hard work is paying off in a great way.

The site seems MUCH quicker and this format is easy to navigate and understand.

I personally love it!

Thanks!

Update: Voter registration form is up. If your registered voter details are out of date, please update them using the link under the "Voting Booth" dropdown in the top navigation.

IRBH and Kevin - I've been watching the improvements and continue to be excited about the site. Colorado overhauled it's site last year, but continues to "tweak" it weekly. One tab there leads to events, both in Colorado, and then surrounding states. On the CO site, the events are listed chronologically, and by state and name, the name is a link to GC.com. Wonder if on the AR calendar, one could color code the AR events vs. events in other states, then link the event back to GC.com?? For instance: AR-GC2NRZ1;ArkGeo March 2011 Eat-N-Greet:Malvern (with the GC code as the link)??
    Last edited by SJClimber; 03-04-2011 at 08:46 AM.

note to kcackler, Just letting you know one can update that info over and over, hopefully there is no issue with this.

That is the intended functionality. We need you to be able to update your information if it ever changes.