Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New Site

Quote Originally Posted by kcackler View Post
    That is the intended functionality. We need you to be able to update your information if it ever changes.
    The ArkGeo Standing Rules states "Voter registration will be closed from the day nominations close to the day the election closes (April 1 – June 1 in most cases)."
    So registration will need to be closed during that time frame.

Of course. But until that time, users should be able to update their information at any point, correct?

OK. What's with the clock on the new site? I noticed that Asholland posted a reply to my comment on the Geocaching Adventures exhibit at 3 something AM on 3/15/11. As I post this, it is 11:35 CDT on 3/14/11. The time and date on this post are 4:36 AM on 3/15/11. How can that be???
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

There are many different timezones in the world. Were you really in London, as your profile settings suggest, the times would look entirely correct. But since you're not, I changed your profile settings to be the correct timezone and times should look right for you from here on..
    Last edited by kcackler; 03-15-2011 at 06:51 AM.

Silly me! I guess I just need to go back and review my profile again! But I could have sworn that my previous postings were showing the correct time. I guess I was mistaken.
    Last edited by OldRiverRunner; 03-15-2011 at 08:36 AM.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

OK. I just looked at My Profile page, and I did not see a setting for the time zone anywhere. The only things I could edit were my biography, location, hobbies, and occupation. I didn't see anything else that I could change. On another post I made regarding the title "Senior Member", IRBH responded that all I had to do was go into my Profile and I could change it to anything I wanted. Again, when I looked at My Profile page, I did not see where I could edit this. Am I looking in the wrong place? If so, please provide specific directions on where I need to be looking. Remember, I am not as familiar with the layout of this new website as you Admin types. Also, are the changes you are suggesting ones that ONLY Admin types and ArkGeo Board Members have rights to? That would explain why you and IRBH could make some changes that I could not.

Odd. Occasionally after login there will be a number next to "new posts." This morning it was 3. Yet when one clicks on the "new post" link, there was one post. There may be a larger number present by that link and when invoked, the message that no posts are present may appear. (That may say: Sorry, there are no new posts to view.) Wonder what the site is doing?? I guess one can avoid this by just going to the "What's new" button..

If the number is 3 but you only see one thread, that would mean that there were 3 new posts in that thread. That number is showing the total number of new posts made and not the number of threads updated...silly but that's the way it works.

Ah, yet that may not be the case as in the posts this morning. It was in a thread about "Adventure needed" where Edieo was responding to ORR about caches on Petit Jean. That was the only comment, not three. Now, as I login to respond this time, there were 3 new posts shown on the login page, yet when I hit the link, there are four results of the search. I have seen the scenario you present with three new posts in a thread, but that has not been the case. Again, it may just be easier to ignore the "new posts" and hit the "what's new" button..