Thread: Who's doing snow caching!

Who's doing snow caching!

I would love to be out in this stuff; looks like we have around 8 inches or so at the moment up here on Crow Mountain, I bet the crow mountain easter egg hunt would be pretty hard in this weather!

DaTexanBoy Guest
    I wish I was able to but I cant even get out of my drive-way much less make it anywhere to cache. I did however go hit up two new caches last night in Cabot before we started getting this weather.

Would love to be out in the snow. In fact drove around a littlel this morning just looking and taking a few pictures. I've tried caching in the snow but they are really hard for me to find so will wait till it melts off.
    But it is pretty here in eastern Oklahoma. We got 6 or so inches.

We tried to head out to Martian Rock today (It's beautiful in the snow) but got stopped halfway there by a wreck blocking the road at the intersection of Hwy 124 and Weir. So we turned around and headed back.

Would have loved to head out in this, and we had a babysitter for the day to boot! Oh well.

I was actually supposed to go work in Roland, OK today but I got out of it. I am also one of those lucky people that has a job that I cannot miss because of the weather. Especially since I drive a Jeep so I get to play chauffeur for all of my employees and my wife's business too. So I did get to do quite a bit of driving around in it today and enjoyed that part of my day.

Quote Originally Posted by kcackler
    We tried to head out to Martian Rock today...
    I was already thinking of heading up that way in the morning after I drop a few people off at work. I still need to find CateyeTech's cache out there. If I get to go I'll post a link to some pics on Friday.

Do it. We went up last year a few days after Isaac was born and it was very pretty. It was also amazing that a little bit of snow could change the trail so much. We actually had a hard time finding our way in.

We may attempt to head that way again, tomorrow. Technically, I work from home, but I'm using the snow as an excuse anyway

I was up in Kansas when this last round hit this past week. Nice and flat where I was so we actually drove around in the blowing snow on Tuesday and I got some caching in. Went out and drove on the snow packed roads the rest of the week as well. Got a regular ole boring Tram Law skirt lifter but it was an adventure because they had plowed the parking lot snow up against it and I had to climb a snow hill. Had so much fun out caching in the snow. Wish it was easier to get around in these Arkansas hills when it hits like this.
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.

Hard? It would be virtually impossible! I did some snow caching a year ago, and it is great for the micros in the trees, and great for the cacher who came after me, but I won't do it again. It's way hard even finding ammo cans that are normally easy to find.

We were in Minneapolis this past weekend. LOTS of snow still on the ground up there. I drove to about 6 caches and only got out to look for 1. There was just too much snow, in many places almost knee deep, to look for many caches. The snow was beautiful up there though, and made for some great sledding.

BTW...Minnesota was nice, but I am glad I live in Arkansas.