Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100 Caches in a Day

ninjagirlar Guest

100 Caches in a Day

We're trying to plan out caches that would be good to go after to complete the 100 finds in one day challenge. If anyone has completed this and has a list of good caches or series caches to go for we'd appreciate the input

DaTexanBoy Guest
    Me and my buddy Razz_007 did the Hwy 70 series. It's 174 in all straight down Hwy 70. I think I ended up with 190 that day in all.

what is the GC# for the 100 caches in one day challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by ronwhite
    what is the GC# for the 100 caches in one day challenge?
    GC23AQ2 -- Gingerose's "100 in a day- Challenge Central"

With the Highway 70 powertrail, you can easily get 100 finds in a day. I completed the trail on Memorial Day last year and did a few others to end up with my personal best of 201 finds in a day, over an 11-hour period. I completed the Highway 70 powertrail in just under 6 hours and I was doing it alone. If you have 2 or more people, you should be able to knock it out in even less time.

Another powertrail that is more interesting is the one in the Delta Heritage State Park. It has over 100 caches (114, I think) spread out over a 14-mile long trail system along an old railroad bed, plus there is a ParkCache to be found along the way. Of course, you need to either walk it or bike it, and the hides are much more challenging than the Highway 70 caches. You can expect a DNF or two or three or more! Regardless, if you plan it right and have some other caches in reserve near this park, you should be able to get at least 100 caches in a day, IF you start early!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

ninjagirlar Guest

GC Code

Thanks for telling me about that series That may just be the one we run for completing this. The code to the 100 caches in a day is GC23AQ2 Thanks again!

A closer spot to snag 100 in a day for you would be down at Jessieville. Quartzcachers has put out plenty to get at least 100 in a day.
    That also puts in the right direction to find the 100 caches in a day cache. You could probably do it all in the same day.

Ashallond Guest
    Both of the trails mentioned are the only days that I have done 100+ in a day.

With the OK land run making it to the state line, I may have to look into that one as well.

Come on down to Jessieville! I will plot a course for you that will net you at least a hundred caches. It is kind of my specialty.
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

ninjagirlar Guest
    Wow!! Decisions decisions, not sure which route we will take just yet. One thing I do know for certain is we want it to warm up just a tad before trying for the 100. The offer of helping to plot a course is an awesome one QuartzCacher and certainly appreicated. I'll certainly keep this in mind when we are closer to being ready to take this one on if that is oky

Dr-See-Dawg Guest
    Are there any other challenges that deal with numbers?