Thread: New section

LadyEngineer Guest

New section

LD, Can you add a new section that is called Welcome New Members? When I see new users I would like to be able to go to a section and just post a note telling them hello. It would be a place where:
    they could introduce themselves
    we could welcome them
    it wouldn't (hopefully) get lost in all the post
    they could see that people notice they have joined

Just a thought.

LE

IS LD still alive?
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

BACKPACKNJACK Guest

Re: New section

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEngineer
    LD, Can you add a new section that is called Welcome New Members? When I see new users I would like to be able to go to a section and just post a note telling them hello. It would be a place where they could introduce themselves/......../Just a thought.
    LE
    I like that too.

I also think a new main topic [GEOCACHE HELP STATION] would be a good ideal for new & old members alike. A place where we could ask and answer questions in sub topics about GPSs, Maps, Cache etiquette, Downloads, Submitting caches (TNG posted a good one but it will get buried like all the other good stuff), General stuff like Avatars, Where are caches not allowed?, What does JM2CW mean?(not everyone is used to forums), and anything else people need help with.
    We keep saying we want to help new people, well how about putting our best foot forward and placing all this good info on the front page where anyone visiting here can use it (at this time I think GC's forums are still down) and become better, more informed cachers. But as you said...Just a thought. >>BPnJ quietly steps down off the soapbox realizing that once again he has used up more then his fair share of bandwidth <<