Thread: Caching & Dining Recommendations (Texarkana Area)

BBWolf Guest

Caching & Dining Recommendations (Texarkana Area)

I am going to be flying into DFW in an effort to find caches in TX, AR and OK sometime in March. My basic route is DFW to Texarkana / Overnight / Texarkana to Idabel to DFW.

I am looking for any caches of note that do not require anything longer than a short walk to find. Scenery, Fun Hides, History, etc is what I am looking for. I only have two days, so long hikes are definitely out.

I am also looking for dining recommndations. I enjoy Tex-Mex, BBQ, and anything local and good! I need recommendations for:

Lunches in Dallas area
    Breakfast & Dinner in Texarkana Area

Any help is appreciated!

There are plenty of restaurant choices in Texarkana. There are not a lot of caches in the city but there is a good night cache GC2FGCP that has only been found once since it was published back in September. It is only a short walk and can be done in about ten minutes.
    There is also an easy Virtual GC829D that takes you to a spot where you can stand in 2 states at the same time.

BBWolf Guest
    Thanks! Both are now on my list.

How good is Big Jake's BBQ?

I've never been to the BBQ in question, but if you like the virtual idratherbehiking told you about where you can stand in two states at once, you would really like GC7EF5 Virtual Cache "Two for One, Three at a Time" where you can stand at an area where three states meet AR,LA,TX not far south of Texarkana. Best wishes on your trip.

I think Big Jake's is some of the best in the area. You are in Texas, so its beef and not pork. Good stuff.

If you are in Texarkana after dark be sure and do "Bulldog Lights" GC1A8T6 its a nighttime only cache.

Being a Scouter, I like GC20M74 T3BePrepared, it was put out by a Boy Scout troop.

BBWolf Guest
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. The caches are on my bookmark list, but time will be deciding factor for which ones I do.

And I like all BBQ, so beef is OK by me.

Any breakfast suggestions for Texarkana?