Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When do most people go caching?

DaTexanBoy Guest

When do most people go caching?

I wanted to ask this question in Russellville but forgot to.

When do most people go caching? I've done most of mine in during the day or early night, but was wondering when most go.

I really enjoy going out at night but was wondering if this is normally the safest or worst time to go. Just looking for some feedback to see what the norm is.

Thanks,

DaTexanBoy

Most of my caching is done during the day on weekends. Of course during the summer I've been known to make a cache run after work too while its light out.

We go any time it suits us, really. Most often on weekends but we have a healthy mix of morning, afternoon, evening, and night-time excursions.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    Oh ok. I think I do most of mine during the daytime on the weekends but didnt know, probably when the most correct time would be to go. From the sounds of it, it's kind of whatever I prefer.

I do most of mine during the day on weekends but have been known to sneak a few in at lunch time during the week. Vacation time is also a good time for my wife and I and we usually set up a route to our destination as well a running a query for wherever we are going. Its nice to be able to stop and take a break while we are driving and what better way then looking for a geocache. As far as the night there are a lot of towns that have lots of caches that are easy pickups at night. Redcaps, silvercaps and slaps are the best. Searcy and Morrilton are night cahers paradise but West Little Rock has seen some great strides recently. I wish groundspeak would come up with a way that you could mark a cache as night friendly when you set it up. If I am having fun caching I always hate to stop just because the sun goes down but its always kind of irritating to drive someplace and decide you'ld be better off coming back during the day so after a couple of those I usually call it quits for the night.

A FTF or a night cache will bring me out at night. But agree sometimes it is hard to stop just because the sun goes down. These short winter days aren't good for much caching.

Best time to cache

It's hard to quit just because the sun has went down. Have been known to cache well into the night but really like to start around 3 or 4 in the morning and go till the sun comes up or till its time to go to work!
    jim white

edieo Guest
    Heck any time it good for me !

Best time to cache

For me, it depends on the location or type of the cache.

If the cache is located in a more rural area like a park, wooded trail or the backroads, I prefer to go during the early mornings hours. Its quiet and peaceful and you can take in the surrounding landscape and really appreciate it.

For urban caches, I'm like a cat coming out for a late night prowl. For me, the night time is a perfect time for S.L.A.P's, redmen, and the other misc caches hidden around a town. It adds a level of adventure and mystique as I sneak around trying to avoid detection like a ninja. (A CACHE Ninja!)

HOWEVER, I don't necessarily recommend night time caching in neighborhoods and sub-divisions. It tends to freak out the neighbors when they see a stranger in the area!

pshelto Guest

Caching times

It makes me think of that commercial about pizza: caching in the morning, caching in the evening, caching at dinnertime...

I prefer anytime. That's the best time for me. I don't much care to cache at night and winter time typically scares me off. I like warm summer evenings, spring days and days that involve the letter "y" somewhere in the name.

I would echo that you should be careful finding/hunting caches at night in suburbs. There is a way to mark a cache as night worthy by the owner of the cache.