Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: FREE WiFi Access Points in Arkansas

I just found out about free WiFi at The Koffee Haus in Conway, located in Mountebanq Place at 1107 Oak Street (across the street from Bob's Grill).
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Just about every decent hotel has WiFi these days. You can drive around the parking lot until you get good signal reception and "borrow" the internet for a few minutes.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

The Arlington in Hot Springs does not have access. I would have thought at $125 a night they would have access but the AC did not even keep it under 78 degrees what a bad weekend.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

nidomio Guest

Re: Free WiFi

On Waymarking.com, WiFi access is one of the categories.
    FWIW, Russellville has several free spots I know about:

Exit 81 off I-40- all on highway 7/North Arkansas:

Holiday Inn - free access in the lobby
    Arkansas Tech University Library
    McDonalds -brand new and improved with internet & large plasma screen TV
    Higher Grounds - cool coffee shop nearly across the street and south one block from McD's

Team_Dogz_Rule Guest

Updated Conway Hotspots

I wanted to send you this updated list for FREE wi-fi hotspots in Conway. Be sure to support these merchants when visiting because they are paying to provide this service to users for FREE.

The updated list is online at:
    http://wifi.conwaycorp.net/locations.html

Happy Holidays!
    Team Dogz Rule
    aka Chris

Conway - FREE hotspots
    Something Brewing - 1156 Front Street
    Central Baptist College Student Center - 1501 College Street
    Wampus Cat Stadium - Temporarily Unavailable
    Hendrix College - Student Center - 1600 Washington
    Hendrix College - Bailey Library - 1600 Washington
    Hendrix College - Veasey Beach - 1600 Washington
    Quiznos - 2850 Prince Street
    Quiznos - 895 Oak Street
    San Francisco Bread Company - 794 Elsinger Road
    Faulkner County Library - 1900 Tyler Street
    Chamber of Commerce - Downtown Conway
    Super 8 Hotel - 2430 Sanders Street
    Shaboogity's - 2159 Prince Street

Coming Soon...

Coffee Crossings - 1100 Bob Courtway - December 9th
    Ketchum's Cap Expresso - 505 Industrial Blvd. - December 1st

releejr Guest

We really have quite a few!! Let's Waymark them!!

Hey Folks,
    I persomally do not have wireless access yet, but with such a great list I think it would be great to take them and Waymark them

Right Now Arkansas does not have many waymarks, this would be a great way to get on the Waymary map

Here is the link.

Waymarking - Wi-Fi Hotspots

Phantom_491 Guest
    For those with access to Military Bases;

Little Rock AFB Library has free Wi-Fi for authorized patrons. There are limitations, but for checking mail and GC.com there shouldn't be a problem. They also have some computers available for patrons who don't have a laptop.

RAMDrive Guest
    UAMS is currently implementing wireless access to employees and guests. It can be seen from the roads on campus. The SSID for guest access is UAMSGuest. After connecting open a browser to your favorite site. You will be redirected to a captive portal page to enter your email address; once completed you can surf. Be professional with your surfing they monitor your activities. However anything geocaching related is allowed.

Had the day off and good weather to go with it so I spent the day of caching. Thought I'd add a couple of items I noticed while I was out about the wireless access points.

There are two McD's in Russelville, you want the one on hwy 7. I also have some issuses with their access. I travel a lot and have used WiFi in dozens of places and this is the first one I've had to turn off my firewall to use. Until I turned it off it wouldn't allow me to log onto the gateway. Even after I turned it off it took a long time to connect through the gateway, but finally did.

I also ended up stopping for supper at SF Bread Co in Conway on my way home. Their access was nice and smooth, no issues with firewalls or needing to log through a gateway. On top of that they have four terminals set up for public use even if you forget to bring your own. (And the food is way better too.)

BTW: McD's N35 17.363/W093 07.974
    SFBC N35 05.333/W092 24.709

Good tips. I had trouble getting access at SFBC with my PocketPC. Did you have to make a purchase to get a key, or is it open to everyone?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile