Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FREE WiFi Access Points in Arkansas

nonnipoppy Guest
    !st Security Bank just north of the courthouse square in Clarksville is another hot spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Dogz_Rule
    I just thought I'd pass along the following FREE wi-fi spots in Conway. These are provided by Conway Corporation and the merchant listed. There is no cost to the user. I work for Conway Corporation and can tell you that more will be added soon.
    WOO-HOO!!! Great information for us! How did I not know about this service? Keep 'em comin' guys. We've got a nice list going here...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

MrsGeoark Guest
    Almost all sitting locations in the Little Rock National Airport in Unsecured area as well as the Secure Areas is accessible at this time for FREE!

You can park in short term for 30 minutes for a quarter, 31 minutes it will cost you a buck.75. You can log cache finds just outside the airport proper, eh TopKitty? You could just almost find her 2 and log in the 30 minutes.
    MrsGeoark

cachecrazies Guest
    Mountain Home now has some WIFI spots too!

NY Steamers is a restaurant in the College Plaza (College & 62E) that has access.

Also several of the local hotels (as we see, more and more are going with it!) :

Comfort Inn
    Holiday Inn Express
    Super 8

We personally just went wireless today - how can you beat the price of a wireless card at $40.00 at WalMart?? After installing it, we had to run around town checking out access! Sitting in the parking lots were weak connections - but available!

I would like to see this list put in a more accessible place (on the front page or pinned) so we didn't have to dig through the forums to see if there's any new listings! Our ethernet connection has worked great in the hotels but you never know when you'll want somewhere else!

We understand you BPJack - we're so far out we don't get cable or DSL - got our old, slow dial up - but when we're away from home......

Quote Originally Posted by cachecrazies
    Mountain Home now has some WIFI spots too!

Comfort Inn
    Holiday Inn Express
    Super 8
    Thanks, cachecrazies, for the contribution. I've added them to the main listing. Would you happen to have addresses for these places for us?

We personally just went wireless today - how can you beat the price of a wireless card at $40.00 at WalMart?? After installing it, we had to run around town checking out access! Sitting in the parking lots were weak connections - but available!
    Congratulations on going wireless, and welcome to the WiFi Club!!!

I would like to see this list put in a more accessible place (on the front page or pinned) so we didn't have to dig through the forums to see if there's any new listings! Our ethernet connection has worked great in the hotels but you never know when you'll want somewhere else!
    Good suggestion, and you aren't the only one. BPnJ and others have mentioned this on some other subjects. The FAQ would be a great place for stuff like this and I've been meaning to add them, but just haven't gotten a round tuit yet... I'm sort of hesitant to pin this thread, since it's probably not of interest to everyone who reads the forums.
    View my profile

I'm sorry to report that Thanks a Latte has closed. As far as I know, there are now no public wifi spots available in Searcy. If I hear of another one I will post it so that you may add it to your list.

Woodwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwalker9
    I'm sorry to report that Thanks a Latte has closed. As far as I know, there are now no public wifi spots available in Searcy.
    Thanks, WW. I've updated the list.

I also finally got this information added to the FAQ. Please keep me updated if there are changes...

Wayne
    View my profile

cachecrazies Guest
    Got address for the following:

Comfort Inn - 1031 Highland Cr., Mountain Home

Holiday Inn Express - 1005 Coley Dr., Mountain Home

Super 8 - Hwy 62 East, Mountain Home (guess they think you'll find them if you need them!)

All are within a few blocks of each other and NY Steamers is "just down the road apiece"

I'm going to start checking into it tomorrow and see about turning the Court Complex into wireless - then ya'll can come visit me and log on at the same time!

wifi

On Friday, May 6th, Searcy is unveiling its free wireless Internet access in Berryhill Park. The "Wire Cutting Ceremony" will be at 11:00 a.m. and laptops will be provided until 3:00 p.m. for this ceremony.

This is a large city park with restrooms, pavilion, picnic tables, playground, tennis courts, walking track, volley ball court and a large open area where you can fly a kite, throw Frisbees or balls, or just lay on a blanket on the ground. Now it will add free to the public wireless internet. Oh yea, it also contains a geocache(GCJKKA).

The coordinates are: N 35° 15.155 W 091° 42.925

cachecrazies Guest
    We're IMPRESSED! Way to go Searcy!!!

How do they do that with the whole park????? We try to stay fairly up-to-date but the technology is mind boggling!

Guess since we've already found the cache that's there WW9, you need to place a new one in the park! Wish other areas would pick up on this!