Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FREE WiFi Access Points in Arkansas

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    Thanks Gaddiel. I guess I will wait on that WiFi card because to get highspeed out here it must be bounced off the moon . HEY, maybe that is why I play in the woods so much....I got no highSpeed .

BPJ,
    Here's thelink from the SBC site.

It is free until april without doing anything, as long as you have DSL currently, or buy it now I guess. I've had DSL since about Dec 1999 so haven't had a yearly contract since it ended 12/2000. I'm still with SBC and haven't switched to SBC-Yahoo or whatever they call themselves now.

I think the year contract refers to after April when you must buy the 1 yr package for wireless to get the $1.99 rate, so for $24/yr, it doesn't seem like a bad deal. I just talked to a friend last night whose on a cruise ship to the Hawaian Islands for about 2 weeks. He said they offer wireless on the ship for ONLY $240 for 24 hrs! Makes $1.99/month seem like a good deal!

Rich

In Fort Smith there is Sweet Bay Coffee on Rogers Next to Kissing Her Deja vu has it.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

MrsGeoark Guest
    Free: The Coffee Beanery, Ft. Smith, on Hiway 71 South on north bound side in new Italian Market Place across from McDonalds on the south bound side.

Not far from Boo Crew, LukyWest Team, Rusty da Dog and Geoark1 caches and several other's caches. Find a cache, have a coffee and log your finds.

They have great sandwiches toooooooooooo.
    Mrs. Geoark

RazorbackGeek Guest
    Most of the campus at the UofA runs 802.11G which can be accessed in every major building. Only problem is you have to use their login to access the internet. If you knew a student or fac/staff you could gain access there.

LadyEngineer Guest
    I didn't check to see if it was free but the Barnes & Noble in North Little Rock has internet access now too.

4000 McCain Blvd.
    North Little Rock

LadyEngineer Guest
    Does any one have the coordinates on any of these locations? If you do, please post them.

LE wrote:

Does any one have the coordinates on any of these locations? If you do, please post them.
    Thanks a Latte in Searcy is a nice coffee shop that serves deli sandwiches, salads, soups, and baked goods. They have a play room for the kids and have live entertainment on the weekends. The coordinates are:

N35 14.900
    W091 44.170

Quote Originally Posted by RazorbackGeek
    Most of the campus at the UofA runs 802.11G which can be accessed in every major building. Only problem is you have to use their login to access the internet. If you knew a student or fac/staff you could gain access there.
    Same situation at UCA. However, there has been talk of some non-authenticated access being added to some areas. I'll keep you updated...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Team_Dogz_Rule Guest
    Good afternoon everyone! This is my first post, so I hope it goes well. I just thought I'd pass along the following FREE wi-fi spots in Conway. These are provided by Conway Corporation and the merchant listed. There is no cost to the user. I work for Conway Corporation and can tell you that more will be added soon.

You can view the list online as well at: http://wifi.conwaycorp.net/locations.html

Enjoy!
    Team Dogz Rule
    aka Chris

Conway - FREE hotspots
    Something Brewing - 1156 Front Street
    Fridayz Poets - 2915 Dave Ward Drive
    Central Baptist College Student Center - 1501 College Street (students & faculty only)
    Wampus Cat Stadium
    Fun Wash Laundry - 155 Farris Road
    Subway - 646 South Harkrider
    Frank Brannans - 646 South Harkrider
    Dusty's Convenience - 646 South Harkrider
    Hendrix College Student Center - 1600 Washington
    Hendrix College Bailey Library - 1600 Washington