Thread: Looking for used/broke garmin GPSMap 60C, 60CS, or 60CSx

Looking for used/broke garmin GPSMap 60C, 60CS, or 60CSx

I called Garmin and it looks like my GPSMap 60C is toast. It has been "searching the sky" for most of the day and did that most of yesterday as well. I have tried master reset, new firmware, resetting it again, and nothing seems to get it going. Also the date is is way off showing a date in 2013 and I'm only getting one bird on the horizon.

Anyway, I don't feel like spending $110 for a 60Cx referb from Garmin when this one hasn't been that great, so I would like to find a 60C, 60CS, or 60CSx that someone else didn't wan't to pay for an "iffy" unit from garmin. I would like it to have a broken screen, buttons/keypad, case, etc as all that is fine on mine and should swap over just fine. Thanks for looking!

I once had a problem with a 60 C/S. After a little talking, Garmin replaced it with a new one for $75. (Doesn't look like they even attempt to fix the units). They said this was a "one time" offer. The 60 series is still available; pricing from $120 to $300 so haggling with them might be productive? Good luck..

this unit is a replacement from them about a year ago this time, we have only used it about 2 dozen times and it has never acted like our old model that we broke the screen on. It was replaced for $75, $85 after shipping last year, but they don't have anymore 60C models to offer this too. The next best thing they have to offer is a 60Cx for an "upgrade" fee as they don't usually do this, but since their out of the other models it was that or nothing. But now I'm Leary on getting a referb as it did not perform well at all!