Thread: Garnin nuvi 250W/255W Problems

Garnin nuvi 250W/255W Problems

Looking for someone with this type of gps that might can help me with a techincal problem. I download my pg to gsak then to the nuvi. I just use it for driving to the cache are then use my handheld garmin for the actual search. I've been doing this just fine but now when I try to download to it I get the message that it is not a good gps. I have tried it on two different computers.
    Any help or suggestions would be welcome.

Is Gsak popping up the message or is it Windows itself?

We have the 255W, but I've only used it for geocaching on long trips and have never experienced this problem.

Can you access the device from "My Computer"? If not, it would indicate that it's not connected, possibly bad drivers, bad cable, bad SD card???

Quote Originally Posted by kcackler
    Is Gsak popping up the message or is it Windows itself?

We have the 255W, but I've only used it for geocaching on long trips and have never experienced this problem.

Can you access the device from "My Computer"? If not, it would indicate that it's not connected, possibly bad drivers, bad cable, bad SD card???
    I used it over the weekend by just manually entering a few cords in the area that I wanted to go to. Then this morning when I tried downloading a pg from gsak it worked fine. I think it must have been some glitz showing a bad connection. Will see what it does next time. Thanks for your reply and if it messes up again I will post back here.

It's probable that Windows (For some reason) didn't recognize the device when you plugged it in. Sometimes all it takes is a quick unplug and replug to fix it...

Glad it's working now.