Thread: Highway 70 series

edieo Guest

Highway 70 series

Here's a post I received today.Just wanted to share it.
    Hey guys!!

* bluechipsearcher

To:

* gpsstash@yahoogroups.com

Show Recipients
    [GPSstash] American Hwy 70 Series
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 9:36:57 AM

I recently cached a series down in Arkansas and wanted to share my experience. Your start at GC25E8Y just outside of North Little Rock and make your way to Brinkley, AR. There are 174 caches to find on the trip. I found 162 of them in 6 1/2 hours. Got 200 for the day. Many of my caching friends here in Indiana and Kentucky have been going down there for the fun. I picked up a new state that day(Mississippi). Those of you are serious about caching should give it a try. Here is my posts for that series. Please note that I say there are 175 on the post when there are actually 174.

"After visiting my dad in Ravenden, AR, I wanted to spend a day or two geocaching. This seemed to be the most popular destination of some of my geocaching friends lately and since I consider Arkansas a home state, I thought I would give this series a shot. I got 162 of the 175 caches of the American Highway 70 series. I continued caching until I got to Union City, TN and ended up with 200 for the day. I want to thank you for making my day so enjoyable. Arkansas is a great place to geocache and the state officials do a good job in recognizing the income potential in bringing geocachers to the state. I will be back."

Thanks for letting me share my positive experience about geocaching.

Jim(The Incredible Geocachers)

Ashallond Guest
    Awesome!

Thank you for sharing this with all of us Edieo. It is so much fun to have visiting cachers appreciate the effort that is put into hides. What a great way for them to experience the beauty and hospitality of Arkansas.

hwy 70

Was wondering if anyone from the Fort Smith area has done this series yet. Biggest question was do you think I could drive down and do it in 1 day or would it be better to plan on a stay-over. I know some people have done it in around 6 1/2 hrs. but in the winter it gets dark so early and it will take 2 1/2 hrs just to get down there. Any advice? Thanks
    jim white

Great feedback from a visiting cacher. Edieo thanks for sharing. Oddly just yesterday there was a new post on NWA asking what people thought of power trails. I think they draw a lot of people to an area and that most of us buy gas, food, and stuff in that area while there. It is good to see the positive feedback.

Ashallond Guest
    I did most of that series on an I-40 run that also gathered about 4 parkcaches and an FTF in LR. If we hadn't done the side trips to the parkcaches and the FTF, we probably could have done the entire series. I think we had 30ish left over on the eastern end...there's a gap where we decided to stop and go get one more parkcache instead of finishing to Brinkley.

And yet I've not done half the powertrails near Hot Springs and they are much closer to FS than the 70 series.....