Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visiting Arkansas

There are days when you go geocaching with the idea of picking up a lot of finds and then there are days when you take off with one particular place in mind and if you are able to get there and log the find then you have had a fantastic geocaching day. Hawksbill Crag is one of those places. My son maumellean and I picked this as our 1000th find and my wife and other son sicksooie went along and we had a fantastic day. This place is absolutly breath taking. If your wife is into photography she will want to visit Tim Ernst's web site. He is one of the best photographers in the state when it comes to nature and scenery and has published numerous books of his photographs. He lives on a bluff overlooking the Buffalo national forest right around the ridge from Hawksbill Crag. He keeps an online journal called Cloudland Journal in which he writes daily of his photographic experiences. There are numerous really neat caches around the area but if you have the time I'd definitly make the hike to Hawksbill.

tbruihler Guest
    Thanks everyone for all of the advice! We are looking into possibly renting a condo in Hot Springs Village (not much more than a hotel!) for a few nights and then spending a couple days around Jasper and exploring that area. Hawksbill sounds like a must-see so I will be sure to put that on our schedule!

Again, thanks for all of tips!

If anyone ventures North to flat, cold, corn-filled Iowa let me know and I will do what I can to help!