Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I get ammo cans??

Where can I get ammo cans??

I'm getting so frustrated trying to find ammo cans around here. I've been to every junk store I can find (as far as Oppelo) and have yet to find a single one. I can buy online but the shipping pretty much ruins any deals to be had via that method.

We don't travel much, but when we do it will be to Branson, MO, Springfield, MO, Tahlequah, OK, Grove, OK, Stillwater, OK, or Ft. Smith.

Any decent army surplus stores around or on the way to any of those places? I feel compelled to get more ammo cans out in the wild!

Do you have an Atwoods Store near you. There is one in Ft. Smith that carries the ammo cans. They are a little cheaper than they are at the army surplus stores.

Pool's Army Surplus in Greenbrier often has a good selection of ammo cans, but I haven't been there in a while though. Heck, I've got a few out in the garage that you are welcome to since we can't really hide them in Conway.

Tim

Why can't they be hidden in Conway? Regardless, we could definitely put them to use. I'll be in touch next time we head that way. Thanks

I also didn't know atwoods carried them. I'll have to check that out.

Hampton gun and pawn out hwy 7 toward Dover usually has a few. However his prices are a little steep compared to other places. But if it's the only place around to get them it may not be so bad. It's been a while since I have been there so I am not sure what he has now or the prices.

ammo cans

Was in Atwoods Sunday and saw a stack of them for 8.99$ they where in pretty good shape all 50 cal. Atwoods in Ft. Smith.
    jim white

pshelto Guest

ammo can

If enough people are interested, I could probably put together an order from the depot. They sell in lots of 500 or so, but I bet we could get those out and hidden pretty quick.

Depending on what you could get them for, we might be interested in 20 or so.

Next time you're in Branson visit the Flea Market at 1137 W 76 Country Blvd. As you walk in the store go all the way back to the very back left corner and there is a booth back there with ammo cans. Last time I was there the 30 mm were $4.50, 50 mm were $5.75 and they had one that looked like two 50 mm's stacked on top of each other for $11.75. At one time they also had several 8X14x18 ammo cans like the Cherrywood Book exchange in Clarksville and my Two Rivers Book Cache " A Salute to Clarksville" in Two Rivers Park. I looked almost two years for a container that size after finding Cherrywood and deciding I wanted to do one. Last time I was in Branson they only had one left so I bought it. It was $17.50 and its in my garage. If anyone is interested in doing a book exchange I'll gladly pass it on for what I paid for it. I don't intend to do another book cache but just bought it in case I heard of someone else wanting to do one, knowing how hard containers that size are to find.