Thread: Garmin 62 series

Garmin 62 series

Has anyone purchased or used one of the Garmin Map62 series units?? They have dropped the 60 units..though these remain on the market selling for <$200.

I saw one of these when we were on vacation up in Gander Mountain or Bass pro and I really liked it for it's price since our beloved Garmin gpsmap 60CS has a hard time getting a fix of sat in sometimes a clear sky!

When looking at the various models, I loved some of the features of the Delorme p60 with the option to use the spot technology, and the new Garmin touchscreens are nice, but their screen size is still so small!

I think the 62 has a good niche of screen size, but with powerful features like it's antenna and if you bump it to the next model up it has wireless. which can be used for emerging technologies that Garmin is putting out..."chirp"??

Anyways...I have not used one or know anyone who has, but perhaps it would be a good familiar replacement to our beloved 60cs

rkl loves his 62s. Woodwalker has one and so does CFD29. Just learning to use ours but the cache information, including past logs, is great. So is the ability to log, make field notes, and then hook to the computer and have all your finds download to gc.com....in find order....and be there waiting for you to just click on "compose log" and start writing. Date and Found It are done for you. WW and CFD can give you more information.

Okay...that is pretty cool. I knew it would do the paperless caching, but I did not know it would log your finds. I think the Colorado's and Oregon do that!.

Did yall the the wireless one?

Yes, the 62s allows sharing wirelessly with other units.

Garmin Tech wrote back to allow that all the old mapping software was compatible with the new units. Though there is newer street data on the 24K TOPO, shouldn't make that much of a difference for caching. Thanks for everyone's input. Now I have to find someone who will get me one for Christmas!!!

Oh, on some reviews, people state the unit "squeaks" when some of the buttons are used. True????

I haven't had any "squeaks" so far.

No squeaks from ours either, it will also do the new garmin "chirp" if anyone puts one out..