Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's All About The Numbers

Ditto on ORR's comments about Charleston. There are plenty of other cities far larger that just don't have that many caches. What it takes is an active, enthusiastic geocaching community to make it work. You could suddenly find yourself in one of these cities and think, "Wow, I have a thousand fresh places to hide caches!" But if there's little response to finding them, your gusto for hiding them wanes quickly. We're lucky to have such a great community here in the River Valley. 15% of the caches, 2% of the total population. My only regret is that I'm so busy here, I've never really had adequate time to cache in the other great spots in the state. I really haven't even significantly chipped away at Clarksville!

Ashallond Guest
    The only other city that i've been too that has a good density of caches not in Arkansas are all around the greater Louisville are. Elizabethtown is packed, Lousiville proper is packed, event a good number of them in Bardstown. Whenever my wife and I go visit her parents I always get a day or two to go caching, and I always have my choice of urban, hiking, number runs, icon hunts, etc. and I am not even close to cleaning that area out.

JodyC_GoHogs Guest
    The northeast corner of Tennessee has pretty good saturation. The Tri-Cities area of Kingsport, Bristol, and Johnson City is actually where I heard about GC while on a business trip.

Today's current count for active caches in Arkasnas is 9917.

Will we make 10,000 by year's end?

edieo Guest
    Yes I think we will ..If we get busy ..lol

Ashallond Guest
    I put a few out today...just gotta wait on CW to see them.

Ashallond Guest
    Currently 9994, no 9993.

we lost one.

Looks close!

Might today be the day?! :P (GC2HAAM)

It will be pretty cool if so. Then I'll be able to tell Isaac, "Did you know that Arkansas hit 10,000 caches on your first birthday?" and then I'm sure he'll look at me like I'm insane.

Ashallond Guest
    Today was the day. 10004 active caches in Arkansas.