ArkGeo Board Meeting
October 15, 2010
Call to Order at 6:30
Roll Call of Members Present
Board Members Present:
Immediate Past President: Pat Vaughn
President: David Spicer
Executive Vice-President: Richard Lee
Mike Pinkston (present by conference call)
SUBMISSION OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
Posted within 2 weeks of meeting on website
President's Report was submitted by David Spicer, president.
President’s Report to the Board
October 15th, 2010
The last quarter ArkGeo has continued to strive to meet it’s goals and mission statement.
The committees of ArkGeo have continued to work hard to help the association achieve success.
ArkGeo has been asked to set up a booth once again at the GIS Day event being held at Verizon Arena in North Little Rock on November 17th, 2010. Members of the Community Relations Committee and the Board have pledged to attend and staff the booth.
There are currently 244 registered voters. Nine new voting members were added since our last board meeting.
Beginning Balance (7/11) $ 1301.67
There were no disbursements.
Deposits made: $ 208.00 (event sales and donations)
Ending Balance (10/1) $ 1510.54
Website Manager's Report was unavailable.
Election Committee – Beth Daniel (board liaison)
Fund Raising Committee – Mike Pinkston (board liaison)
Community Relations Committee – Report prepared by Judy Vaughn (MathSeeker) Board Liasion
Current Community Relations Committee Members
Judy Vaughn - MathSeeker (Board liaison)
David Spicer - paris1time (Chairman)
Jim Sick - sayitagain
Bruce Crane - Quartzcachers
Clark Gray – cfd29
The monthly “Caching to do List” contest was transferred to the Membership Relations Committee.
The ArkGeo owned geocaches guidelines was transferred to the Membership Relations Committee.
ArkGeo has once again been invited to attend and set up a booth at the GIS Day event at Verizon Arena in North Little Rock on Wednesday, November 17th, 2010. Several Committee members plan on helping with this activity to help promote geocaching in Arkansas.
All work has been done in the forums. We have not had any face-to-face or teleconference meetings.
Events Committee – Report prepared by Richard Lee (IdRatherBeHiking) Board Liasion
Current Events Committee Members(Chair Needed)
Richard Lee - idratherbehiking (Board Liaison)
Ken Hayes - Nukeworker
Brian Bryant - B62GTAWK
Blair Shelton - pshelto
Jim Fryar - likestocanoeF150
Sandy Fryar - likestocanoe
Judy Franklin - jffok
Jason Nuckols - jclaudii
Lisa Nuckols - southerngirl
Ron White - ronwhite
The Arkansas Challenge has been postponed until the spring with the date still undetermined.
The location for the annual event has not yet been confirmed.
We have received news about the correct process to follow in order to insure we do not incur the type of charges we had at this year's event at Petit Jean. If we go through the park interpreter and leave the event open to the public they should be able to get us in as a "Program" thereby increasing our chances of getting fees waived.
All work has been done through email or the forums. We have not had any teleconference meetings.
Membership Relations Committee – Report prepared by Tim Stone (BSA534) Board Liason
The Membership Relations Committee was created at the Friday, July 16, 2010 ArkGeo Board meeting. The committee is made up of:
Tim Stone - BSA534 (Board Liaison)
Judy Vaughn - MathSeeker (Chair)
Holly Thorwarth - gingerose
Justin Murphree - arkfiremedic
John Auvil - Photojunky
The committee selected MathSeeker as chairman. She agreed to take over management of the ArkGeo points system. The committee then went to work updating the “Caching To Do List” rules to reflect the new committee taking over the monthly contest.
The committee has created a new contest each month and verified each member’s list as it is posted. The committee has also awarded points to each member for attendance at official ArkGeo events.
All work has been done in the forums. We have not had any face-to-face or teleconference meetings. This method has worked very well for this committee and all members have been active in the discussions.
Other items of discussion for our committee have included working on a proposal for a “Junior Membership” option and the possibility of ArkGeo owned geocaches.
Special Committee for Website Management Continuity
This committee contacted our current Website Manager, Bert Drake this quarter. He is willing to transfer the domain name to ArkGeo.
Our Assistant Website Manager has been able to make much progress in the blocking of the IP addresses of spammers.
Status of ArkGeo goals: The status of the ArkGeo goals for 2010 – 2011 were reviewed. https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AYZq ... ZmRy&hl=en
Who Does What and When – David Spicer
The president needs to change the ArkGeo passwords and notify the board members.
ArkGeo owned caches – Tim Stone
Membership Relations Committee is working on guidelines.
Status of Budget Proposals from Committees: The Events Committee has made their budget proposal. Other committees will continue to discuss this issue and present their proposals at the next Board meeting.
Release of Website by Bert Drake to ArkGeo – David Spicer
Bert Drake is willing to transfer ownership of the website.
Motion was made by Mike Pinkston and Seconded by Ron Laster to allocate $100 for Wayne Lunsford to follow through with the transfer of website ownership from Bert Drake to ArkGeo.
Moving the ArkGeo bank account to a new bank – Beth Daniels was not present to discuss.
Arkansas Challenge Event hosted by ArkGeo – Richard Lee
The Events committee is proceeding with planning the first Arkansas Challenge Event sponsored by ArkGeo to be held in the Spring. No date has been set.
Making the meeting available via web or teleconference – David Spicer
The quarterly meetings of the ArkGeo Board will be open to all members by teleconference in the future. It is a long distance call.
Motion was made by David Spicer and seconded by Ron Laster to amend the standing rules to say: Membership will be given 10 minutes during the ”Round Table Discussion” to address the board. These comments must end before the meeting proper begins.
Motion was made by David Spicer and Seconded by Tim Stone to add a link to the minutes posted for the recording of the board meeting to be available for membership.
Adding Moderators to the Forums – David Spicer
No new moderators are needed at this point.
Junior Membership – David Spicer
Not at this time, maybe an honorary membership.
ArkGeo co-hosting events – Pat Vaughn
ArkGeo Events Committee must be involved in the planning of the event and have to have input.
E-mail from Kevin Cackler – David Spicer
Wayne Lunsford and Mike Pinkston will get Cackler’s portfolio and get feedback from his customers.
Contact Bert Drake and Purchase Domain Name and Domain Hosting.
Wayne Lunsford will contact Bert Drake.
The next Board meeting will be held on January 14, 2011 in Conway.
Meeting was adjourned at approximately 9:15 pm.