Thread: Another Bomb Scare

Another Bomb Scare

For those of you that can get 40/29 news, check out the 10 pm news tonight or check their web site, looks like GC28ABZ in Lincoln was mistaken for a bomb today and they called the Bentonville Bomb Squad......oh well

Goodness gracious almighty. Never know where those home-grown terrorists are going to strike next! Today a quiet cemetery...tomorrow a rock pile in a remote section of a park!

Here is a post from the cache owner at Lincoln , Ark. who's cache was mistaken for a bomb. This was his post on NWAC forum .

My geocache is in jail!
    by djustice » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:41 am

It's a long story but my Cache GC28ABZ has been arrested The mayor of Lincoln wants to ban all caches in our area. the city counsel just don't understand caching and are going to discuss it at the counsel meeting starting at 7pm November the 8 Th 2010. Is there anyone from the NWAC that would be willing to be at the meeting and represent caching? If so please e-mail me.

That is sad that they would want to resort to that.. Hope they realize that caching can and does bring people and dollars to their area. I can't see how someone thought that there would be a bomb in the corner of a cemetery anyway.... I wish I could make that meeting. Hope some of them can visit the geocaching.com web site and see what this activity represents!

Michael Guest
    Any updates on this?

Last I heard was the Lincoln town council said it was blown (hum) out of portion and that they didn't even consider banning geocaching from Lincoln.

Michael Guest
    That is what I would have expected, but honestly I was a little worried.

I just read this. Man I haven't put out a large cache yet I better put stickers all over it!
    KoonandBud